• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Yesfan and His Audio Rack Design

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
I am searching all over looking for your details for your design.

I will need to build a rack to house my new Onkyo receive and B&K Power amp to give them plenty of breathing room.

Please direct me........ :text-thankyoublue:

Here you go.........

link

I need to update the finished pics with some newer ones.These are some pretty old pics, so try to overlook how messy the wiring is in some of them (it's actually worse now :oops: )

I've thought about moving the rack and components so I only have my front speakers and screen on the wall. I'm sure the center speaker would really improve if I done this.

shocked_face.gif

^^^^^

Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend.......... :embarrassed:

Thanks.........

I am going to build a small rack for the amp and receiver.

I will post pics once completed.

I did a similar system for a corner stand in the sitting room for our 27" LCD (which I fuckin' hate) and the DirecTV Box and DVD Player. It is not interchangeable it is made with oak dowels instead of all thread. Will post pic later.

Zing said:
How many freakin' stereo systems do you own? :scared-eek:
The first pic was one of my old systems. That rack I gave to a friend and have sold most of that gear. The other two pics are freind's systems. As for how many do I have; living room, dining room, den, and sun room. Then there is a room for gear I don't use, needs repair and parts.

I like this one.

wwrackset.jpg

Is that your's Wards, or a friend's? I thought about something similar when making mine.

^ yeah that is neat...I'm also digging the flexi style speaker stands.

The marble one is a friends. You can always make something like this out of single or double layered MDF and used faux paint to get different looks. You can even use painted PVC pipe to cover the all thread and get a beefier look.

While (thanks to B for the idea) I didn't use all-thread, I used 1/2" gas pipe and flanges and coated in Linex spray-on truck bed liner and couldn't be happier with the results...

Batman said:
While (thanks to B for the idea) I didn't use all-thread, I used 1/2" gas pipe and flanges and coated in Linex spray-on truck bed liner and couldn't be happier with the results...
Variation on a theme; quick, easy and sturdy. :handgestures-thumbup:

What size is the all-thread in the pic I posted? It looks beefier than what I have in my rack (5/8). Looks like 3/4.

And what about the reddish copper all-thread unit? Is that anodized or was it painted? Looks cool.

Yesfan70 said:
What size is the all-thread in the pic I posted? It looks beefier than what I have in my rack (5/8). Looks like 3/4.

And what about the reddish copper all-thread unit? Is that anodized or was it painted? Looks cool.
Yes I used 3/4" all thread. The copper is just that. The all thread was plated with copper.

Back