• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Yonder Mountain String Band - with special guest

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
Ok I lied when I said the Hot August festival was our last for the summer; I found out about this concert just last Tuesday, and couldn't resist.

Took the whole family last night to see Yonder Mountain String band.

:text-link:

This was not a band I was familiar with, but they're REALLY good. They're based out of Colorado, and are kind of a bluegrass/fusion type band. The core band are the bassist, banjo, and guitar players:

DSCF5705-XL.jpg

DSCF5805-XL.jpg

They had some guests last night, including the manodlin and violin players.

And one more...

Any of y'all recognize this fine gentleman, whose momma done larned 'im to play 'is gitar all improper-like? (Sorry that's my poor attempt at a hillbilly accent... :laughing: )

DSCF5689-X2.jpg

Anyway, I took some halfway decent pictures, we were right up front and center for the whole show - even the kids, and my older daughter stood there for ~4.5 hours - it was a LONG show. She was a trooper. The venue apparently allows cameras as long as they're not "professional" - and nobody knows just how good my little "point and shoot" Fuji is!

:text-link:

PaulyT said:
Any of y'all recognize this fine gentlemen, whose momma done larned 'im to play 'is gitar all improper-like? (Sorry that's my poor attempt at a hillbilly accent... :laughing: )

DSCF5689-X2.jpg

I bet it was a great show. Jerry sure is looking.... ahhh.. errrr... healthy! :dance:

Thanks for the great pic's. :eusa-clap:

Dennie

It was indeed. YMSB + JD played for a total of ~2.5 hours. It was so much fun to see Jerry perform live! Admittedly, the sound was a little muddled right up front, since the house speakers were way up above and pointed back into the crowd, so I was mostly getting reflected sound. It was a little hard to distinguish all the instruments with 6 people on stage and a noisy crowd (including one doped-up chick right behind me, who reeked of marijuana and was whooping at the top of her lungs right in my ear). But was worth it to be up there just to watch.

All the players were really talented. Jerry and the banjo player (Dave Johnston) were the most interesting, I thought, in terms of the little details they put into their solos. But all of them were good; the music was fast-paced and fun. My kids really enjoyed it, too.

Back