• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Your 3 Most Embarrassing Albums (or Songs)?

Kazaam

We all have them. Stuff that seemed like good ideas at the time, but you now realize were mistakes. Or maybe they're just guilty pleasures that you love, but assume others will ridicule you for liking them. Whatever and however they came to be in your possession, let's hear about 'em!

:music-rockout:

Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme
Kid N Play - 2 Hype
Men At Work - Business As Usual

Getting that off my chest was a little cathartic. Thanks.
I also feel compelled to mention Lionel Richie's complete discography because people do tease me about it (I'm looking at you Batman) but I feel no shame there. Dancing on the Ceiling was the soundtrack to my 1987.

Towen7 said:
Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme
Kid N Play - 2 Hype
Men At Work - Business As Usual

Getting that off my chest was a little cathartic. Thanks.
I also feel compelled to mention Lionel Richie's complete discography because people do tease me about it (I'm looking at you Batman) but I feel no shame there. Dancing on the Ceiling was the soundtrack to my 1987.
Men at Work is one of your worst?? C'mon, man, I still like that one :). Colin Hay on his own has done some great work.

Mine?
Damn Yankees
Limp Bizkit (that one hurts)
Sting - Songs from the Labyrinth (and I love the Police and his solo work but that one is horrendous).

Nothin' wrong with that Kid N Play, though. Well... Maybe it is a little bit embarrassing. I did buy it this summer entirely as a joke. But the thing is that I've come to kinda like it.

Limp Bizkit here too....both of em. More because Fred Durst is such a tool, if he wasn't the first one is almost acceptable.
Vanilla Ice...I had the Ice Ice Baby cassette single....... :?
Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In.......I win!

T7, I'm granting immunity on Kid n Play. Without them Will Smith never becomes anything. It didn't age well but it was highly acceptable at the time.

1895;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

c-schmaltzy (that's schmaltz times the speed of light) but I still like it, especially Summer (the first time).

I can only give you one, however. Everything else in my collection is the epitome of taste, high quality musical gravitas. :ugeek:

Here are mine...

41gnYg79JtL._SL500_AA150_.jpg

One day I was driving home from work. Justin Timberlake's "SexyBack" song was brand new and playing on the radio. Kind of a funny tune, but with a good beat. Against my better judgement I downloaded the single off the Internet. But just and only the single, mind you!

51WFNuStilL._SY150_.jpg

And, of course, rumor has it that I might own a few Hanson CDs. They do sometimes kind of suck, but dammit, they gave the world "MmmBop". The lyrics to that song are powerful. They are words to live by.

388da2c008a0916488106010.L._SX300_.jpg
31j21DCqrmL.jpg

Back when Prince went by the name of this symbol, O+>, he released a 3-hour long, 3-disc album called "Emancipation". It was totally hyped up in the press at the time because it was "The Artist's" first album of new material since being released from his contract with Warner Brothers. That said... I didn't actually buy the album until a couple of years later. But I had always enjoyed some of Prince's stuff from the early 1990s back when he had his New Power Generation band. So I expected to find something I liked here. Unfortunately, most of it is forgettable. Except maybe for that picture of Prince that was found inside the liner notes.

Well just to piss off Kazamm:

Hanson-All of them

Kelly Clarkson-All of them

The soundtrack to Happy Feet, both 1 and 2!

:happy-smileygiantred:

Seriously, the only ones I own on the previous list is a couple of Hanson cd's.

I'm sure I have some, but I can't think of anything at the moment. I could say Air Supply, but I'm really not embarrassed to own it. The only one I can truly think of, and it's the kids that I ripped to the computer for them, but the Hannah Montana cd comes to mind.

Huey said:

Hanson-All of them

Baastaad!!! :angry-cussingblack:

Did you see where Kelly Clarkson is blogging about Clive Davis? Saying he's lying about her in his new book. You know... That Kelly ain't as big as she used to be, but she's still definitely NOT a pushover. In fact, I'd let her fight my battles. Any day of the week! And then I'd let her take me to Applebee's. Maybe get that 2 for $20 special if it's still going on.

Kazaam said:
Huey said:

Hanson-All of them

Baastaad!!! :angry-cussingblack:

Did you see where Kelly Clarkson is blogging about Clive Davis? Saying he's lying about her in his new book. You know... That Kelly ain't as big as she used to be, but she's still definitely NOT a pushover. In fact, I'd let her fight my battles. Any day of the week! And then I'd let her take me to Applebee's. Maybe get that 2 for $20 special if it's still going on.

She's all yours Kazaam! I like the JLH is looking lately, plus I think she's getting pretty desperate.

Back