• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

yourmusic.com closing on June 29th

Bob R

I thought it was strange that I kept getting notices that this or that title was no longer available. My queue went from 11 to 2 titles in a week.

I log in today and this was waiting for me

"PLEASE NOTE: Your subscription will end when yourmusic.com closes on June 29, 2011. No queue shipments will be sent or billed after June 29. If you would like to purchase the queue CDs currently scheduled to ship in July or later, please add them to your Cart and purchase them before June 29."

Oh, well. I sucked their SACD catalog dry. It was fun while it lasted.

Hmmmm. I might have to take a gander. I don't know if my account is still good or not, but maybe they may have some closeouts and/or going out of business sales, etc.

I'm grabbing about a hundred bucks worth of $5 discs. I'd be crazy not to at that price.

Haywood said:
I'm grabbing about a hundred bucks worth of $5 discs. I'd be crazy not to at that price.

That's what I'm doing right now.

My tastes are not mainstream, but should be easy to find at most stores. Yourmusic, like Walmart, isn't most stores unfortunately.

Haywood said:

That sale ends tomorrow at midnight for those who's wanting to know. After that, it's back to $7 but the free shipping's still there.

I got:

Tears For Fears - The Hurting (remastered, extra tracks)
Radiohead - Kid A Collector's Edition (2CDs)
Radiohead - Amnesiac Collector's Edition (2CDs)
Radiohead - Hail to The Thief Collector's Edition (2CDs)
Duke Ellington - Money Business
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - A Night In Tunisia
Jazzanova - Blue Note Trip (2CDs) sounded cool, so figured what the hell
Milt Jackson - Live At The Museum of Modern Art
Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool (Rudy Van Gelder remaster)
Dizzy Gillespie - w/ Gil Fuller & Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestra

Total: $69.86 :handgestures-thumbup: after taxes. $76.68 :handgestures-thumbdown:

I don't remember having to pay taxes with this sight when I was a member and the free shipping is 10-14 days. Still, $5.477/disc is not a bad deal at all. If they had a better selection, I would have REALLY racked up. I struggled to find these titles.

Yeah, I didn't have to pay sales taxes either back when I was a member years ago. But, if I recall correctly, Yourmusic.com got sold off to some other company once the BMG record club closed. So I wonder if the change in ownership somehow affected taxes?

My wife and I went back and forth adding and removing stuff until we had a list we were both reasonably happy with for $89.

Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster (Deluxe Edition)
J. Geils Band - Best Of The J. Geils Band
Jethro Tull - Aqualung (Remastered)
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (Remastered)
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (Remastered)
Sheryl Crow - Tuesday Night Music Club
Peter Frampton - Greatest Hits (Remastered)
Orianthi - Believe
Radiohead - The Best Of
Huey Lewis & The News - Sports (Remastered/Expanded Edition)
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
Neon Trees - Habits
OneRepublic - Waking Up
Parachute - Losing Sleep
3 Doors Down - 3 Doors Down
Owl City - Ocean Eyes
Billy Idol - The Very Best Of Billy Idol: Idolize Yourself

With an apology e-mail they could not ship anything in my Queue, it now reached zero. There's no confidence on my part that they have any titles available.

So, I cancelled mny subscription.

Amazon, here I come. :music-rockout:

Bob R said:
With an apology e-mail they could not ship anything in my Queue, it now reached zero. There's no confidence on my part that they have any titles available.

So, I canceled my subscription.

Amazon, here I come. :music-rockout:

Why didn't you just buy it straight out? They are shutting down in a month anyways and every disc is $5/ea (until midnight tonight).

Hope, I don't get the apology email. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

My ship date is the 20th.

On the 20th, I had 11 titles in the Queue. Some easy stuff like Cream, Heart, Clapton.

Now it is the 25th and none of the eleven are available.

I had trouble keeping the list populated with titles I wanted. I'm moving on.

You could have just dropped them into your cart and bought them for $5/each. No need to worry about the queue.

Bob R said:
My ship date is the 20th.

On the 20th, I had 11 titles in the Queue. Some easy stuff like Cream, Heart, Clapton.

Now it is the 25th and none of the eleven are available.

I had trouble keeping the list populated with titles I wanted. I'm moving on.

I think I see what you're saying now. With that place shutting down in a month, would they have sent you all eleven titles if they were available?

I know what you mean about their selection as it is pitiful at best. I struggled to find the titles I listed. About half those titles, I'm probably only saving about $0.80/per disc compared to staying with Amazon and probably getting faster shipping (even with the used route). I figured since these titles are not must own, then I can wait.

I know I shouldn't bitch, but Amazon Prime has really spoiled me. There are times (depending on the item) I'll pay a dollar or two more over used because I know I'll get it that much quicker.

Usually, you get the option of buying now, when a title is going to be unavailable on your queue date.

In this case, all of the notifications stated that my title "was no longer available" period.

Hence, there was no option to simply buy it now.

Well guys,

I got an email from yourmusic earlier today. Two of the titles I ordered are no longer available (Art Blakey and Milt Jackson discs). Their free shipping takes 10-14 days, so I'm wondering how many more of my titles are going to vanish between now and then.

Well, I got another email from Yourmusic.

Tears For Fears - The Hurting (remastered, extra tracks) shipped
Radiohead - Kid A Collector's Edition (2CDs) shipped
Radiohead - Amnesiac Collector's Edition (2CDs) shipped
Radiohead - Hail to The Thief Collector's Edition (2CDs) shipped
Duke Ellington - Money Business back ordered
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - A Night In Tunisia canceled
Jazzanova - Blue Note Trip (2CDs) sounded cool, so figured what the hell shipped
Milt Jackson - Live At The Museum of Modern Art canceled
Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool (Rudy Van Gelder remaster) back ordered
Dizzy Gillespie - w/ Gil Fuller & Monterey Jazz Festival Orchestra shipped

At one time, the Kid A discs were also back ordered, but it changed and are on their way. I'm hoping the same can be said for the Miles and Duke discs.

Back