• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Zellaton:Open backed enclosure

Interesting. Seems kinda contradictory to have such a massively constructed enclosure, which is usually done to reduce vibrations of anything but the driver, and yet to leave the back open... ?

The open back of the Klipschorn.....

klipschorn_01.jpg

QAfC9zReEqwl4d0iVA4FaG9Vo1_500.jpg

Dennie

You beat me to it Dennie. I think even some of the older Heresys were like that too.

Yesfan70 said:
You beat me to it Dennie. I think even some of the older Heresys were like that too.
Like what, open backed or exploded? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Dennie

Dennie said:
Yesfan70 said:
Like what, open backed or exploded? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Dennie

Sorry....openbacked. I don't think the K-horn and LaScala are the only Klipsch speakers that are openbacked. I think the first Heresys were like that. If not, then maybe it was the Cornwalls.

The Heresy I's I have are sealed... no ports or open back.

The Khorns are the only opened back speaker that Klipsch makes, as far as I know. The La Scala is a folded horn bass bin and does not require the corner to complete the bass bin as the Khorn does.

I don't know of Corn's or Heresys that were opened backed?

Dennie

Here's the Klipsch Jubliee, it is also a folded horn and needs no wall to complete the bass bin....

Jubs%20w%20SPUDs%2bTraps.jpg

Dennie

Back