• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Far Cry 5

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
initial impressions,

first off i bought this entirely for the arcade mode, where you can create your own game. deathmatch, assault etc, and post it online. i already tried it and despite being tedious, it was fun!

campaign mode,

spoiler alert : there is a way to finish the game in 5 minutes, google can tell you how. i tried it, and it was enough for one trial.

i went along and played a new game.

little backgroud, i love ubisoft games, despite their stupid poop logo, and their shitty view on microtransactions, i get it, heck i even buy into it. ac: origins has about 100 bucks worth of my money, not including the game itself.

same with ghost recon wildlands,

same with the division,

its been a while since i played first person, and shitballs man, this game gave me a severe migraine.

the last time this happened was the uncharted demo on ps3.

it was bad. but i tolerated it for almost 3 hours. so it could be gameplay too.

there was too much green for my taste, and i was really in the zone. too much i had to pay with some prescription meds and a night of almost throwing up feeling.

anyways, the game engine on this is AMAZING.

i wonder how it would like on a ps pro.

worth it?

for the arcade mode, want to watch zombies vs people? sure you can do that.

want to make your own assassins creed in first person? absolutely?

just a lot of time for me to adjust.

im going back to ghost recon wildlands. i recently just played a side mission

go into the jungle,

talk to a girl,

then she said she saw the ghost of the jungle,

THE ghost.

i killed a predator.

after a thousand time run,

it bled. which means, i can kill it.

anyways, just thought id give you a heads up.

I purchased it but have not played it yet. Still waiting on UPS to deliver. I'm not liking the fact that it gave you a migraine!

I have the game (on PC), haven't started it yet. Still playing some DLC for Witcher 3 (Blood and Wine - a REALLY good expansion set), and AC Origins.

Sonofabitch! You do know how to make capital letters.

:D

HA!

only you and the wife knows my ninja skillz. SkillZ.

i type as i thnk and based on such it shows i dont think as much as i should be.

Been playing this, very entertaining! Great graphics too. Plenty of weapons to play with, companions who make snarky comments, all sorts of vehicles. OK the villains are a little stereotyped... Some good humor in spots too.

Well OK the good guys are pretty stereotyped too. This is a rampage through Montana survivalist, bunker building, flag waving, gun toting, truck driving, beer swilling, bull testicle eating (yes there's a side quest for that) 'MURICA!

Last edited:
pauly, try to google shovel sniping, man, ive been using it more often than the other stuff!

i also love fishing in this game. very relaxing!

i also have been doing so much hunting ive racked up up to 100k cash.

main mission? no need.

Finished all the hunting challenges, but I'm not sure how to deal with the "hard" fishing spots that are supposed to lead to the final (4th level) fishing rod. How do you know when you've completed a hard spot? Says you're supposed to beat the "state record" for weight of each fish, but there's no indication I can find whether I've done so or not.

Well anyway, I finished the plot missions. The final battle was annoying, and the ending was deeply unsatisfying. IMHO. Hopefully they'll continue it some in the DLCs to come, we'll see. Not too thrilled at the moment, though.

i dont actually care much for the plot anymore, and focus mostly on fishing.

did you go to the volcano lake area, top left border of jacob seeds area? the one with the salmon fish?

i think you can get harder fish by chancing your lure. it helped significantly, i hope that helps.

from what i heard, last battle is

SPOILER ALERT

plane dog fight?

i HATED the first one, and i know will do with this one.

its giving me the same feeling i got with Far cry 2, and that isnt a good thing. even worse at times.

Yeah the last bit of John's area (lower left) is a plane fight, but you can have one of your guns-for-hire basically do that for you, makes it MUCH easier (I suck at flying the planes in this game).

Ah, finally found (after having to search for it on google) the fish weight record charts. Now I have the fancy rod... of course, now I don't need it anymore. :/

Basically finished the game, almost all side quests and all of the plot quests. There will be some DLC coming at some point.

Sounds like a pick-up line one would overhear at a gay bar. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Just sayin.
Ok that's pretty funny considering the name of the "fancy rod" in the game is "Old Betsy." Hmm... not your typical sort of nickname for that but hey, it's a modern hip world where things like that are accepted and even encouraged!

The next level down is called the "wonderboy" - a little more appropriate, that.

what weapons do you use pauly?

man, the more i play this game the more i go fishing.

i wish real fishing was like this. but then again, never really tried it before.

cant since silicon valley doesnt have enough spots for it.

lol It's not very much like real fishing... WAY WAY easier.

I mainly used bow, shotgun, and sniper. Occasionally pistol. Used an assault rifle for a while, but decided I liked the shotgun better at close range, bow at medium to far.

What about companions? I found I liked the Jess+Peaches (the cougar) combo, good for sneaking around together.

i havent even met jess or peaches yet.

heck i havent even peaked with jacob either.

whitetails got me spooked.

oh, i had to stop playing for a while.

ghost recon wildlands has a special guest. my old archenemy, sam fisher pays tribute to the one and only.

Back