• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Another good Theater setup.

Look, you assholes chose to stay here after you realized what a dick I was. I now consider you my very closest friends for putting up with me. This guy is an innocent schlub who didn't ask for my advice.

Point taken!!!

Just measured mine just for the hell of it, my ceiling and display height not my junk...

7'7" Ceiling height, 8" from ceiling to top of display ( that would be 81" for the mathematically challenged like myself), and 55" to the bottom of the screen. Primary seating is 16' from display and room is 15'9" x 21'6".

I thought the room was 17 x 24 but apparently I lied and told everyone it was bigger than it really is. The room, not my junk...

Just measured mine just for the hell of it, my ceiling and display height not my junk...

7'7" Ceiling height, 8" from ceiling to top of display ( that would be 81" for the mathematically challenged like myself), and 55" to the bottom of the screen. Primary seating is 16' from display and room is 15'9" x 21'6".

I thought the room was 17 x 24 but apparently I lied and told everyone it was bigger than it really is. The room, not my junk...

So raise the height about 1.5 to 2 feet and you've got what the guy in the CNET slide show did.

16’ back........

I’m sorry!!

I tried to log onto that website from my home computer, and the same thing happened; there was so much crap, ads and garbage that the site literally froze! Am I alone in this? Am I crazy?? Do I just have the cheapest, crappiest internet machine connection in the world??? Am I a Luddite???? Are you a Luddite????? Why do my cats hate me?????? :veryangry:

Do I just have the cheapest, crappiest internet machine
Probably, yeah. :moon:

I looked at it with Chrome with Stands AdBlocker, no particular problems or annoying clutter, and am able to flip through the images rapidly. And my laptop is far from massively powerful. Although yes @Towen7 it's annoying how each image is a separate page hit... but gotta increase those web counters somehow!

Look, you assholes chose to stay here after you realized what a dick I was. I now consider you my very closest friends for putting up with me. This guy is an innocent schlub who didn't ask for my advice.
They just know you'll switch IP addresses and usernames so no way to block you.☺️☺️☺️ ha ha

Probably, yeah. :moon:

I looked at it with Chrome with Stands AdBlocker, no particular problems or annoying clutter, and am able to flip through the images rapidly. And my laptop is far from massively powerful. Although yes @Towen7 it's annoying how each image is a separate page hit... but gotta increase those web counters somehow!
I've noticed over time that CNET is probably the worst for shoving garbage ads which just slows down page load times and in this instance freezes the page entirely. Strange that the problem even persists at my work computer, which has much faster internet speeds. Both the computers I use are well spec'd machines which I use for encoding video mostly.

I've noticed over time that CNET is probably the worst for shoving garbage ads which just slows down page load times and in this instance freezes the page entirely. Strange that the problem even persists at my work computer, which has much faster internet speeds. Both the computers I use are well spec'd machines which I use for encoding video mostly.
I've only looked at on my phone

The same article was on Flipboard without the need to click though a zillion ad laden pages.

The guy has a pretty tough space to work with.

79EF8316-58F9-433B-B294-0A794730CF3E.jpeg

Back