• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Will This Sell..................

I want one...

To power what???

You will be running active crossovers when you build your new speakers, what will you need that much power for?

You can buy 2, A21's for that price.....................

That's not remotely close to being two JC1 amps in a single stereo chassis. Compare the specs.

If I couldn't afford a pair of JC1's, I'd prefer the A21 over this JC5.

That's not remotely close to being two JC1 amps in a single stereo chassis. Compare the specs.

If I couldn't afford a pair of JC1's, I'd prefer the A21 over this JC5.

I disagree...

Here's what I think one is paying for:
  • 12W Class-A output (versus what I believe is about 4 watts of Class-A power from the A21)
  • 4dB greater S/N with only 2dB more power output gain means the JC5 noise floor is 2dB quieter
  • THD is 0.05% at full rated power versus 0.2% for the A21
  • 50% greater current per channel for difficult loads
Now, is it necessary to have all those things in order to get amazing sound at home? Hell no! But, if you have already spend everything you can on speakers, room acoustic treatments, and the other electronics that matter, one of these would be a logical upgrade from a lesser amp.

The A21 is great, as are similarly priced amps from Monolith and ATI and such. This is just a refinement of what an amp can be with specs which can make a difference. To think the noise floor is 2dB lower while the power output is nearly double, that is pretty cool.

So you claim the amp is nonsense also??????????????????
No, not really.
I claim the guys testimonial is utter nonsense. If all conditions were close to right in his system as Flint pointed out my feeling is his gaines in audio quality, however real they might be would be no where near as earth shattering as he describes them. Unless of course he's coming off a 15 year old $129.99 receiver with digital amps.

Way too often do I hear claimes like this from people with poorly placed speakers in what is essentially an echo chamber.

Audio Advisor has lots of bullshit testimonials in their advertising. Just look at what some people say about the amazing differences cables make in their catalogs. I don't see how they can print such crap and be able to sleep at night.

Audio Advisor has lots of bullshit testimonials in their advertising. Just look at what some people say about the amazing differences cables make in their catalogs. I don't see how they can print such crap and be able to sleep at night.
Not that I have a lot of experience with it, but I hear that money makes a great soporific, and that the more you make / have, the greater the effect.

Those fuckers should be getting 10 hours straight a night!

Jeff

Not that I have a lot of experience with it, but I hear that money makes a great soporific, and that the more you make / have, the greater the effect.

Those fuckers should be getting 10 hours straight a night!

Jeff

I had to lookup the definition of soporific.

I had to lookup the definition of soporific.
I was going to use it in the melatonin thread but figured it would only put everyone to sleep if I did. Did not wish to single-handedly create the blogging somnambulants' apocalypse.

Well... I am considering things and stuff.

HAHA! That made me laugh!

What surprised me most here was the review came from, " LB Cole in Pennsylvania"
.... and did no one notice, he is wearing headphones!!!!!!

Back