• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

ATI AT1502

bmwuk

I have been looking at used amps on various places including eBay. When I was using eBay I "watched" various amps from Rotel, Parasound and ATI.

Well I was cooking today for my 10 other family members so I was occupied. My wife uses my eBay account from time to time. Well what I had not realized is that an amp, the ATI 1502, that I was watching ended soon on the auction. I had zero intent to buy anything because I was told no more upgrades until next year. My wife called me from upstairs in the house we were at and asked if I wanted that amp since it had 0 bids. She let me know she'd buy it for me.

Long story short. I should have a 150W x 2 amp in my possession in a week. This will drive the LR mains for now but now I need a 5 channel later down the road. Anyone have experience with this amp? It is an awkward shaped amp as well.

Wow, you just bought it not knowing about it?

How much did you spend????

There are a few of us here who have, and love ATIs amps.

Wow, you just bought it not knowing about it?

How much did you spend????

There are a few of us here who have, and love ATIs amps.
I know ATI is quality so no issues there. $300 was the starting bid and zero bids. finally got action but won at $325.

wow!!!!
Great buy!!!
What are you going to run them to? What are you L/R speakers?
BTW, that 1502 is super quiet, clean, and has a ton of headroom. That is a kick-ass amp!
I happen to have 2 ATI amps myself.

As I remember, that 150w rating is a conservative one. It should bring out the most of your speakers!

Hey @rammisframmis , is that 150w per channel about right or was it even a bit more?

wow!!!!
Great buy!!!
BTW, that 1502 is super quiet, clean, and has a ton of headroom. That is a kick-ass amp!

As I remember
How many drinks were in her when she was on FleaBay?
Zero drinks. I had been up since 5:45 am cooking for the family. So maybe I was being rewarded. I cook for my girls, my in-laws and my wife's brother's family

wow!!!!
Great buy!!!

As I remember, that 150w rating is a conservative one. It should bring out the most of your speakers!

Hey @rammisframmis , is that 150w per channel about right or was it even a bit more?
Wonderful to hear. I have Revel Performa3 F206s which are 88db sensitivity.

Zero drinks. I had been up since 5:45 am cooking for the family. So maybe I was being rewarded. I cook for my girls, my in-laws and my wife's brother's family

I hope you appreciate the rarity of a reward system like that. I won’t try to one-up you with the time I spend cooking (I’d been working on today’s lunch since 8:30 last night ... just sayin) and my wife would NEVER even consider buying me an amp.

Yes, the amp will put out almost 200 watts. The 1502, 1504 (which I own) and 1505 were bullet proof amps which will outlast the Zombie Apocalypse. The only maintenance item I can think of in them is the filter capacitors which might dry out with age and heat if the amp was in a confined space. Generally though, if the amp powers up and doesn't have a loud buzz, the caps are OK.

Yes, the amp will put out almost 200 watts. The 1502, 1504 (which I own) and 1505 were bullet proof amps which will outlast the Zombie Apocalypse. The only maintenance item I can think of in them is the filter capacitors which might dry out with age and heat if the amp was in a confined space. Generally though, if the amp powers up and doesn't have a loud buzz, the caps are OK.
Chingon!

I hope you appreciate the rarity of a reward system like that. I won’t try to one-up you with the time I spend cooking (I’d been working on today’s lunch since 8:30 last night ... just sayin) and my wife would NEVER even consider buying me an amp.
I'm guessing brisket. Correct?

Maybe your wife is just tired of your s***. :moon:

@bmwuk
Seriously, that amp is old but sooooo good. Dead silent floor noise.
What are you running those beautiful speakers with now?

@bmwuk
Seriously, that amp is old but sooooo good. Dead silent floor noise.
What are you running them with now?
Just a Yamaha TSR-7790 receiver. Yep. Nothing special. It is fine sort of. But my LCR are hungy for power at 88db sensitivity and I'm pushing 7 channels. My rears are older Paradigms but they don't need a lot. However I want to swap them for Revel bookshelves. The front soundstage are hogs IMO. Hell I'd like one bridged for my massive center. But I have no room right now. Reworking everything is going to cost me. I can't offset a rack due to space constraints.

Excellent buy! I have the ATI 1802 for my Dynes and agree with Razz’s comments. You’ll love it.

Who....me?

About 7 years ago.
I think @Razz may have meant me. Not sure though. Delivery is expected Thursday for the amp. I have already ordered BJC RCA cables which typically come in two days from Wahington, so Wednesday most likely

Back