• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Thoughts?

Those are nice, but remember they are only 12 x 12. The three 24 x 24 panels in my family room are 12 square feet of coverage where this package is 14 square feet. I would think most rooms would need three to four of these packages to get effective results.

You also have to think about how you are going to mount them. I am not a fan of the double-sided foam tape often recommended as it ruins the paint on the wall. The best mounting solution I've ever used for that type of foam was stiff solid wire simple pressed into the drywall and sticking out so the foam can be pressed onto it. The result to the wall is merely a tiny hole where the wire was pressed into it. Two to three wires would easily hold one of those foam panels into place.

And this is what I am talking about for those who have not been in my family room:

FamilyRoomRig_Aug2018.jpg

The three maroon foam panels perform similarly to the one's @Dentman linked to per square foot of coverage. That entire package is only 14.3% more coverage area. The three foam panels alone, while making an improvement, needed more to truly calm the room. Hence the four diffusor/absorbers above them on the wall. That room is still extremely lively with lots of bright echo and reverb. As such, 14 square feet of coverage is just a start.

Jack, Check out GIK acoustics. They have 2 foot by 4 foot panels for only $58.99 a piece, although it looks like you have to buy them three at a time. LINK

I got some homemade panels that I would be willing to part with for a reasonable price!:biggrin:

Yes, poor indeed. Lol
I've decided on just buying the 703 2" and building them myself. Now, who has a sale on plaid fabric?

You know, I happen to have a business for making acoustic panels. You could have called me and I'd do it at cost in order to get some self-promotion.

You know, I happen to have a business for making acoustic panels. You could have called me and I'd do it at cost in order to get some self-promotion.
No I actually didn't know that. I thought you were only doing speakers. I've been so submerged in the stock market since I jumped in with both feet I've missed a lot. In fact I haven't read any of your recent threads about speakers and such in a while. I've only jumped in here for quick checks/remarks.

That aside now that you officially have a business I would never ask for free services from you. Thank you tough. I'm enjoying a day off from the markets.

Oh i should also mention my brother moved in with us for about 8 weeks while separating from his wife. He left monday to live life in Mexico. I've been very busy and very distracted.

Back