• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Another movie production for Dune?

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
It's got the right director, I think. I wonder if they can get any actors to be in it... oh wait, I think all of Hollywood has already signed up to be in it.

The only Sci-Fi book series I've ever read. I look forward to this movie, if it sees the light of day.
Spice for all!

The only Sci-Fi book series I've ever read. I look forward to this movie, if it sees the light of day.
Spice for all!

I assume you saw the SciFi TV series they made in the early 2000s? That was a GREAT version of the books, in my opinion.

I assume you saw the SciFi TV series they made in the early 2000s? That was a GREAT version of the books, in my opinion.
I never did. I was aware of it but never watched it. I've only seen the Dune movie with Sting. That movie hardly scratched the surface. Then again you would need something similar to the Lord of The rings series to do the Dune books any kind of real justice in my opinion. A 2 hour flick isn't going to do it.
Perhaps that's why the series worked for you.

I never did. I was aware of it but never watched it. I've only seen the Dune movie with Sting. That movie hardly scratched the surface. Then again you would need something similar to the Lord of The rings series to do the Dune books any kind of real justice in my opinion. A 2 hour flick isn't going to do it.
Perhaps that's why the series worked for you.

Right... the TV series covered it all really well. It was amazing. I recommend you watch it.

In fact, I enjoyed the TV version so much I purchased it on DVD and have watched several times. Even after clearing out my video collection, it was one of the 100, or so, I chose to keep.

IMG_20190217_093928.jpg

I've never seen the movies. I read the first couple books (things start getting bizarre in the second one), but I'm not sure why nobody has ever yet made a good version of Dune. No reason they can't, they just really haven't.

I've never seen the movies. I read the first couple books (things start getting bizarre in the second one), but I'm not sure why nobody has ever yet made a good version of Dune. No reason they can't, they just really haven't.

Okay, so I keep saying the TV series was great. It was really damn good! Good actors, good storytelling, not boring, very decent effects. It was good!

Really? I thought the Sci-Fi TV series version was dry and boring as hell... Even if closer to the books than the Lynch movie.

:moon:

It seems they've got some serious actors on board:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/
Timotheé Chalamet as Paul Atreides
Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides
Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica
Stellan Skarsgård as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother Mohiam
Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck
Dave Bautista as Glossu 'Beast' Rabban
Javier Bardem as Stilgar
Zendaya as Chani
Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho

There are still a dozen, or so, important roles not cast, or known to be cast. This is interesting.

They are predicting a 2020 release, which given the amount of special effects necessary is a short production schedule.

Okay, so I keep saying the TV series was great. It was really damn good! Good actors, good storytelling, not boring, very decent effects. It was good!

Yeah, thing is... we're not listening to you, you ignorant slut. Maybe if your "to do" list involved household chores instead of dozens of strange men, we might take you more seriously. :gross:

Back