• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Game of Thrones - SPOILER THREAD

So, George R. R. R. R. R. R. R. Martin strayed from the original books a long time ago and now he's dug a hole he has to get out of after building up the ending for so long...

...or...

Is he a genius and these initial episodes were intended to be a little disappointing in order to lower expectations before completely blowing fans away with the conclusion?

I could be wrong, and usually I am, but the last few seasons hasn't Martin not been involved in writing for the series?

You guys sound like the fans of Lost.
Could never get into that show, couple episodes I did watch I grew tired of them always teasing you with information, but never any conclusion. There was another show this fall that the name escapes, but it was being shown in similar fashion. It was about a plane as well.

The problem with making the underlying driving plot line a mystery all the main characters are focused on and which drives decisions and actions is that the viewer's creative mind gets to spend years imaging all sorts of things the original author never thought about when he started the journey.

Never saw that one.

I had a few friends who fell into that category - I seem to recall it getting written about here on the forum as well. It also had a mystery underlying the entire story plot and when it ended the mystery was poorly explained, if at all. Fans almost immediately turned on the show and hated that.

I had a few friends who fell into that category - I seem to recall it getting written about here on the forum as well. It also had a mystery underlying the entire story plot and when it ended the mystery was poorly explained, if at all. Fans almost immediately turned on the show and hated that.
I truly enjoy the show but a fan(atic) I'm not. Seinfeld and The Sopranos have already trained me on finale letdowns. I set my expectations at modest levels.

I guess there has been a big uproar over Jon not petting Ghost when he left Winterfell, but somebody from the show has gone on the record and said it was purely financial. He stated that they use real wolves to capture their movements, and then use that to CGI the direwolves. I guess the wolves can be difficult to work with, and most of the CGI budget goes towards the dragons, so basically they decided against spending the money for a small scene.

I guess there has been a big uproar over Jon not petting Ghost when he left Winterfell, but somebody from the show has gone on the record and said it was purely financial. He stated that they use real wolves to capture their movements, and then use that to CGI the direwolves. I guess the wolves can be difficult to work with, and most of the CGI budget goes towards the dragons, so basically they decided against spending the money for a small scene.
People crack me up.

I am a bit disappointed with this season so far, but I have to wonder if it is even possible to deliver an ending that would live up to the hype so many of us built up in our heads.

Watched the most recent episode last night, and it was pretty good. I had read something over the weekend which was supposed to be leaked info, been trying to avoid doing that, but it stated who and how they died in this weeks episode. They were correct in who died, just not in how they died. I almost think the HBO is behind some of the spoilers for misdirection.

Not sure what to think of Dany. Has she gone full on mad queen? Since Arya didn't kill Cersai, does that mean she is the one to kill Dany? I still somewhat think that Arya kills Dany, and then Jon has to kill Arya to end the cycle, or something like that. I am surprised that Cersai had what, like 5 minutes of screen time this whole season.

It was a god episode figured a number of people would die this time around. Dany is gone over the edge, can't see how she can justify her slaughter of so many non-combatants especially when there was essentially a surrender.

My prediction - Jon will kill Dany and refuse the throne. In fact there will be no on on the throne. The seven kingdoms will revert to being fully autonomous each their own ruler.

I read an article that amused me today about thousands of parents potentially freaking out because they have named their new born daughters Daenerys or Khaleesi because the thought sh as such a strong just female character.

^^That's funny about the kids, although not much they can do about it now. I would agree that it looks like she has become the mad queen, but something about the way she acted after she started sacking the city, makes me wonder if that's what the writers want us to believe, but will actually go in another direction.

Just heard that the GOT writers are going to pen the new Star Wars movie. I wonder if they'll make the Luke/Leia scene from Empire look like kids play?

So the wife and I have had different schedules this week, and we watched GOT separately. I asked her what she thought of this week's episode, and I mentioned it was pretty wild that Jaime and Cersai died together, and she said that we didn't see them die, so how do we know they are truly dead. I said there was no way they survived that and that they were dead. Then I came across this article. It's a stretch, but they make a few compelling points about how his death was treated in the media as compared to others. LINK

Over a million people have signed a petition trying to get HBO to remake season 8. I'm a little disappointed in the season so far, but it is what it is and don't see the need for a remake. Tonight's the night though. We finally get to see who gets to sit on the Iron Throne, if there is even an Iron Throne left to sit on after Dany's rampage last week.

What are the chances that once people separate from the moment that they'll see the final season as the perfect way to end the story. Like, in 10 years when you go back and watch it, will this be the right ending?

I say that because Firefly was like that. When the movie was made and they killed two of the main characters and moved one out of the main plot, it was very angering to the hardcore fans who desperately wanted more. But now that there hasn't been more, it makes perfect sense and really was the right way to finish the story.

Back