• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

saw that on my feed too...

soo,..... did you watch it monkey? did you? thoughts?

WARNING SPOILERS:

I saw it in the theater and originally posted a lackluster review. I didn't hate it I just found it to be unoriginal. But if there seriously are shared Aliens universe connections and Easter Eggs I will definitely have to rewatch more closely. This could make things much more interesting. I am somewhat of a recent new fan of Kristen Stewart after some of her post Twilight grown up films (Lizzie, etc) I think she is showing promise. And so if Underwater becomes a new sci-fi franchise with Aliens roots I would be on board for sure. What may have initially appeared to be disappointingly unoriginal content and borrowed style could become exciting in that context. This only problem with this idea is that Kristen Stewarts character dies at the end of the film so that kind of blows any hope of a sequel at least with her involved. But I have seen alternative ending discussions where she lives so who knows. Below are a couple of articles discussing a potential sequel. But even if they spin the alternate ending so she is alive it doesn't look like she is too interested. Maybe if the idea gets some major buzz and traction she could be convinced to change her mind.

How The Underwater Ending Sets Up A Potential Sequel

Why Kristen Stewart Would Never Do A Movie Like Underwater Ever Again

WARNING SPOILERS:

But I have seen alternative ending discussions where she lives so who knows. Below are a couple of articles discussing a potential sequel. But even if they spin the alternate ending so she is alive it doesn't look like she is too interested. Maybe if the idea gets some major buzz and traction she could be convinced to change her mind.

How The Underwater Ending Sets Up A Potential Sequel

Why Kristen Stewart Would Never Do A Movie Like Underwater Ever Again

dude didnt i show you the alternate ending? am i writing in the wind? your probably one of the only few people here who read my post about movies, i bet im on the ignore list for some peeps but you???? :(

kidding aside, ive been also binging on kristen stewart movies recently.

actually watched charlies angels, the new one. been having a thing for elizabeth banks movies too, and like what shes trying to do.

its not bad, but its not good either. a rental at least.

For those interested here's the small clip showing am alternate ending to underwater...

I got it from a feed from my phone. Not sure if its real or not.

D'oh! Totally missed this. Thanks for posting. I had read some stuff online but not seen clip. So maybe a Stewart sequel is not out of the question.

It took me way more time to spot that than it should. I haven’t seen the movie though.

its a rental to say the least. 5 clams worth, but i am planning on buying it.

i think i really like the spacesuit they have.

hey, at least i didnt buy life (the one with ryan reynolds).

frwl5_2.jpg

goldfinger-poster.jpg

Started watching the Bond movies via Amazon

I admit I did skip Dr No as I have seen it too many times already.

Keep getting sucked back into Netflix sci-fi they have all been pretty solid. Started this on the bike erg this morning will finish it tonight on the proper home theater.

Keep getting sucked back into Netflix sci-fi they have all been pretty solid. Started this on the bike erg this morning will finish it tonight on the proper home theater.

i hope its good. i plan on watching that one. i like anthony mackie, but i still have to hit up altered carbon.

Will finish up IO over the weekend. Ending up watching this instead. Will post thoughts later have to go get in my workout.

i was inclined to watch this one, but felt wierd finding blake lively trying to play john wick. the nice thing about this movie apparently was that she showed missteps to get to where she wanted to be, showing fault and error in her rage.

the other movie i didnt get to watch was olivia wilde in vigilante.

meanwhile i just finished watching some good ol liam neeson movies,

A walk among the tombstones - great movie, a bit morbid, but i liked it. takes a bit of gut to watch.

Run all night - this one was good too, a year after a walk among the tombstones. it was his way of trying to break out of the whole taken franchise.

i still have to watch the commuter (which i paused on for some reason)
cold persuit - i kinda gave up on this one. even the original version. just didnt tie into what i wanted that time.

Currently watching a favorite of mine,

The missing - kate blanchett and tommy lee jones. great western. a bit morbit but hey its a a western.

i was inclined to watch this one, but felt wierd finding blake lively trying to play john wick. the nice thing about this movie apparently was that she showed missteps to get to where she wanted to be, showing fault and error in her rage.

i still have to watch the commuter (which i paused on for some reason)
cold persuit - i kinda gave up on this one. even the original version. just didnt tie into what i wanted that time.

I liked the original In Order of Disappearance. The remake Cold Pursuit was pointless IMO. Like the Oldboy remake. Why bother.

Rhythm Section was a mixed bag and had a bit of an identity crisis IMO. If at one end of the spectrum you have a raw, dark movie like In The Fade where the main character has suffered terrible loss of family, is full of pain and rage and also woefully under equipped to do anything about it but persists and proceeds to do so anyway... and at the other end of the spectrum you have slick stylized action hero driven assassin movies like John Wick or Hitman or similar... with maybe the Bourne movies landing somewhere in the middle... Rhythm Section couldn't decide where to land. There were dark and gritty parts (well done and well acted IMO by Blake Lively) and then more polished campy parts and the story felt kind of random. I liked many pieces of the movie but I think it would have been better as a whole if it just stayed on one stylistic path (which for me would have been the grittier path which I felt was more successfully and plausibly portrayed). The dynamic between Lively's character and her revenge mentor Jude Law was good IMO. Worth watching just not exceptional. If you want to see the real deal check out In The Fade. Diane Kruger should probably have won an Oscar for this role IMO. And Lively clearly studied this performance to model at least the first part of Rhythm Section where she was nearly broken by her grief. In The Fade is like the grown up version, stays on point throughout and is a heartbreaking character study of grief and revenge. One of my favorite unsung movies in the past decade or so and slipped well under the radar.

Last edited:
Currently watching a favorite of mine,

The missing - kate blanchett and tommy lee jones. great western. a bit morbit but hey its a a western.

Thanks for the reminder I just put this on my watch list. I think I saw it a while back but only remember bits and pieces I need to re-watch it. Virus apocalypse movie marathon continues... right after I go run 6-7 miles.

thanks for recommending in the fade. i look forward to it.

monkey,

please watch this,

The last full measure. no details, no nothing from me. just trust.

1588452369503.jpeg

Just finished watching million dollar baby, Eastwood Freeman and swank.

I have watched this movie once. I vowed never to watch it again, and wyet with the wife we watched it with downtime because kid was sleeping on me.

She agreed, she would never watch it again as well. She cried several times, once because one of the kids were bullied into the ring and beaten up (ironically it was by Anthony mackie), and she was worried our Alex would be bullied because he was on the spectrum.

Told her that's why he has another brother, who is bigger and badass. Plus we will teach him to defend himself far before this can happen.

Netflix sci-fi IO fizzled IMO by the end. It had a promising start and I liked it at first but the ending felt very anticlimactic. I was waiting for something more epic and it never really happened. Good performances by both lead actors just a little let down by the movie as it unfolded.

I think someone mentioned this movie here a while back... Molly's Game with Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba and a few other familiar faces Kevin Costner and Michael Cera. It's a true story I guess or based on a book which is a true story which made it more interesting IMO. My only criticism is that a lot of the adapted screenplay dialogue felt like it was literal translation from a book... good lines that probably worked great on paper in the book but sounded a little forced like the actors were reading directly from a script rather then speaking naturally. Not a huge complaint just an observation.

I think someone mentioned this movie here a while back... Molly's Game with Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba and a few other familiar faces Kevin Costner and Michael Cera. It's a true story I guess or based on a book which is a true story which made it more interesting IMO. My only criticism is that a lot of the adapted screenplay dialogue felt like it was literal translation from a book... good lines that probably worked great on paper in the book but sounded a little forced like the actors were reading directly from a script rather then speaking naturally. Not a huge complaint just an observation.

Yeah I saw that a couple years ago and really enjoyed. Of course I could watch a marathon of Jessica Chastain. First thing I ever saw her in was Zero Dark Thirty.

Yeah I saw that a couple years ago and really enjoyed. Of course I could watch a marathon of Jessica Chastain. First thing I ever saw her in was Zero Dark Thirty.

She is great I agree anything she stars in is a must watch for me going forward. And Zero Dark Thirty should be mandatory viewing for anyone who lived through 9/11. It kind of sneaked up on me at the end but when the raid and OBL death scene happened I had an involuntary emotional response. Very powerful little film.

Last edited:
She is great I agree anything she stars in is a must watch for me going forward. And Zero Dark Thirty should be mandatory viewing for anyone who lived through 9/11. It kind of sneaked up on my at the end but when the raid and OBL death scene happened I had an involuntary emotional response. Very powerful little film.

I haven't seen that, I will have to put it on my short list.

Back