• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

Me I dressed more like the boxing dudes. Lol

hahaha! love it!

i hope you dress more like them instead of like jay from modern family right?

i used to be made fun of for wearing vest at work, but was ahead of the pack when it started to become popular. most if all of my vest was from jcrew.

yes. i dress like a hipster, but not like a millenial with em sneakers in tow.

brogues not oxfords are definitely not true in kingsman.

i ALWAYS prefer oxfords. decent set by the way, none of that square toe or super pointy shit.

The Lodge arrived today on blu-ray will watch it this weekend looking forward to it. Been watching so much sc-fi I am due for a solid horror flick.

wanted to, but not sure if i want to. so its dark?

sidenote, is invisible man worth the watch?

Can't say too much about Uncut Gems without spoiling it but it's basically a character study of a gambling addict (among other vices) who spirals towards disaster at ever turn. There is an elevated level of tension throughout as a result. And it's definitely not a feel good happy movie like everything else Adam Sandler has done. The closest comparison I can make would maybe be Harvey Keitel in The Bad Lieutenant (the Abel Ferrera original not the stupid Nick Cage remake). He makes all the worst possible decisions and we basically watch him spiral into his own self destructive mess.

I thought the new Invisible Man was worth watching. Nothing new or particularly original it's a remake. But the effects were pretty good visual and surround sound effects.

Last edited:
Can't say too much about Uncut Gems without spoiling it but it's basically a character study of a gambling addict (among other vices) who spirals towards disaster at ever turn. There is an elevated level of tension throughout as a result. And it's definitely not a feel good happy movie like everything else Adam Sandler has done. The closest comparison I can make would maybe be Harvey Keitel in The Bad Lieutenant (the Abel Ferrera original not the stupid Nick Cage remake). He makes all the worst possible decisions and we basically watch him spiral into his own self destructive mess.

I thought the new Invisible Man was worth watching. Nothing new or particularly original it's a remake. But the effects were pretty good visual and surround sound effects.

thanks bud, im watching this after i troddle through the joker.

for some reason, i am not liking the joker. i dont really care much for his character, nor river phoenix brother either.

thanks bud, im watching this after i troddle through the joker.

for some reason, i am not liking the joker. i dont really care much for his character, nor river phoenix brother either.

i rescind my thoughts completely on the joker movie.

more to follow, in a nutshell, its a great piece of work.

i rescind my thoughts completely on the joker movie.

more to follow, in a nutshell, its a great piece of work.
That was an about-face pretty damn quick, what drew you to that conclusion?

Watched this after a friend recommended it. Amazon original sci-fi (free w/Prime) called The Vast of Night not sure where else to see it. Had a classic pulp sci-fi feel. Reminded me a lot of the trashy sci-fi paperback novels and short stories I was addicted too as a kid. Cinematically low budget but creative so IMO this did not detract... similar in that way to Gareth Edwards debut Monsters which I also enjoyed. If anyone has seen Pontypool it borrows a little from that and the Grover's Mill War of The Worlds broadcast a little too. Best description/comparison might be a mash up of Pontypool and an extended X-Files episode. Watch it if you enjoy old school retro sci-fi.

Back