• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PS5 anyone?

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
so.... its ps5 day.

anyone got one?

i dont plan on getting one just yet. i know i cant anyways. its just too difficult to find. plus imagine walking out of a walmart with me grinning tht whole time, and suddenly be pistol whipped entering my car.

there just isnt any current games to consider. plus cyberpunk is delayed, and i can just play it on my ps4.

sucks because from the media i gathered, it wont play atmos on movies.

just thought id mention it, confirmed by sparechange (youtube channel), that it DOES play UHD 4k atmos, but does NOT play netflix or disney plus atmos or dolby vision.

good for physical media player, bad for streamers and an all in one entertainment package.

sidenote,

the chromecast with google tv does netflix atmos and dolby vision.

just thought id mention it, confirmed by sparechange (youtube channel), that it DOES play UHD 4k atmos, but does NOT play netflix or disney plus atmos or dolby vision.

good for physical media player, bad for streamers and an all in one entertainment package.

sidenote,

the chromecast with google tv does netflix atmos and dolby vision.

I'm not sure the manufacturers really want an all in one package available to the public.

I'll probably pick up a PS5 eventually. If I stumble on one early I will likely buy it. Otherwise I may wait a few months.

Couldn't get in on the Pre-Order.
Couldn't score one on Walmart at 12/3/6/9 yesterday (I'm pretty sure I had one at noon, but my credit card denied the charge for a fraud alert! DOH!)
If I'm feeling energized on Black Friday and know there won't be campers, I'll try to grab one at GameStop (reportedly every GameStop will have at least 2 on Black Friday).
Other than that, I'll wait until its simple and straightforward to get one.

likewise. there really isnt any upcoming games that are worth interest to get into, aside from Cyberpunk.

but thats why i got it for the ps4.

I've been an Xbox player, but I think I'm officially out of consoles. I hadn't expected to go with a XBox One, but did because my brother was pushing me to do so for Destiny. I realized I just don't have the time or interest to play modern games- they seem aimed at keeping you playing like it's another job. I don't think I have interest in that.

Good luck on getting your hands on them, though!

Ridiculously, I got my hands on a XBOX Series X via a Thanksgiving Day Football Box Pool.
I hit the 3rd quarter score (halftime/Final were PS5, 1st was a XBOX S, Final Reverse XBOX S).
So, got it for 50 ducats.

AND

I got a pre-order of a XBOX Series S, nowinstock tracker pointed me to an instock site...a pulled the trigger after thinking about it for a bit.
This was before I won the box pool. It gets delivered 1/5.

Still trying to get my hands on a PS5, which is the one I wanted from the beginning...

I am sad to say that I let my XBOX Live subscription lapse I have not gamed much in months. Lost motivation after Battlefield 1 dried up. BFV was lackluster. And Destiny is stale. I mention these games not because they are the best or my favorites (although BF1 might be) but because these are the games that my gaming pals play. So it's these or nothing.

Couple of my pals are taking about getting PS5 will follow comments from you guys to see how it is being received.

Last edited:
i wish the battlefield community bad company 2 peeps i played with were still around. man, those were good times. no camping or run and gunning. BF2 and 3 too if i am not mistaken.

It was a complete fluke. I got one at Walmart. They had just pulled it off the truck and it was sitting at the register being guarded by an employee. She was instructed to stand at the register with it until someone asked to buy it. She’d been standing there for 10 mins she said.

Edit with some additional details now that I am sitting down at the keyboard:
I went to Walmart to pickup some dog food and a handful of groceries. At our local Walmart the pet aisles are right next to electronics. I had read online that some people had gotten lucky by asking the electronics personnel if they had any PS5s in the back and just got lucky right as one arrived. So I walked over and there are two registers there and a lady is at one with the PS5 box sitting on the counter. She had her arms on it like she was about to move it or do something with it but she never did. I assumed she was checking someone out and they were over in another aisle grabbing their cart or an accessory etc... So I made a comment like "You don't have any more of those, do you?" And she replied, nope just this one. And I asked if it was for sale to which she said. "Yes, do you want to buy it?" I thought she was joking but she wasn't. She said it was only the 2nd unsold store inventory unit they had received since launch. They had a number of online sales and pickups but not much unsold inventory. She said they kept hearing that they would be getting some more but that hadn't happened. She put it in another box for me so people wouldn't see it in my cart and she rang up all of my other stuff too and offered to have someone walk me to my car. I declined that but left feeling like I'd won the lottery. Lucky timing for me.

I hope my kids like it. They are 10, 8, and 5 years old. My boys play PS4 together are aware that the PS5 was just released but it didn't even make it on their official Christmas lists. I'm going to try to find some ways to raise their attention to it so they are pumped up on Christmas morning. I think they're going to be caught completely off guard.

Last edited:
Went to Best Buy today to exchange something and there were signs ALL OVER the place "We have NO next generation gaming consoles available""

This is going under the Christmas tree, so unfortunately I won’t be able to to share my thoughts on it until then. I need to pick a game or two.

try ubisofts fenyx uprising. its on ps4 already, but its essentially a port of zelda thingy on ps4 with greek mythology.

Early impressions with the PS5 quite strong. The new interface is great. New controller is awesome. Everything runs great and looks great. I imagine this console will be a huge success.

Side note, my company holiday gift to all the employees...Xbox Series X. I don’t have it yet but they said hopefully by late January. More fun awaits!

Back