• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

60" LG Plasma?

The DirtMerchant

Famous
Saw one at Costo for $649 (or $699). Is LG terrible? I am considering getting it just to tide me over until 4K becomes an actual possibility.

I love my 47" LG LED with local dimming and matte screen; trouble-free for over 4 years now.
What I don't love is the motion blur on an LCD set; its really distracting to me and I'd love to switch to a plasma. For that price, hmmm... :shhh:

Just picked this puppy up, along with a 3 shelf stand at Costco. $699 for the plasma, $169 for the stand. Will be putting the stand together and hopefully getting everything wired up tonight...after I finish working.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts after I get the thing fired up.

Wow, that's a lot of TV for $700!! How do you like the picture?

Oh, and you SUCK!

The DirtMerchant said:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Anyone else see what I see?

Botch said:
Wow, that's a lot of TV for $700!! How do you like the picture?

Oh, and you SUCK!

It's OK. For $700, I love it. But I am, video wise, underwhelmed overall. My SXRD was getting old and starting to be sort of dim
and I was hoping that a new bright plasma, even though it is only $700, would just WOW me. Alas, the picture looks a bit
soft? to me. It's not a serious complaint as I bought this as a bridge to the land of 4K in a couple years. And I can connect
via HDMI and watch Blu-Rays in HD again (SCREW YOU HDCP!!!). So it will do the job w/o issue for a while.

Also, the new stand + flat panel enables me to push everything back towards the wall at least 1 foot and the forced rewiring
got me to clean and arrange everything. Everything looks much neater, cleaner and the wife is much happier (as am I).

Overall totally worth it for $700 for the display + $170 for the stand.

The DirtMerchant said:
And I can connect via HDMI and watch Blu-Rays in HD again (SCREW YOU HDCP!!!).
WHY?

Could it be the way you have your components connected?

The DirtMerchant said:
But I am, video wise, underwhelmed overall. My SXRD was getting old and starting to be sort of dim
and I was hoping that a new bright plasma, even though it is only $700, would just WOW me. Alas, the picture looks a bit
soft? to me.

Have you calibrated it with DVE or a similar disc?

Lone Stranger said:
The dust cap on the woofer is punched in. That is my guess.
I noticed that but I don't think Botch would "laugh" as hard as he did over such a thing.

Back