• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

A Poll With a Purpose

Do You Own an SPL Meter?

• Yes

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just walk into a any room and within seconds I can automatically adjust every component to perfection with my mind.

Alien said:
Guys like SoundHound and Flint probably don't even need them anymore except to check how good their listening still works.

I stopped setting absolute levels to a 75dB reference some time ago - I don't give a rat's ass shit what volume the director of the picture heard his movie at. :laughing-rolling: About the only thing I use a SPL meter for is to balance the fronts with the surrounds. The balancing of the fronts / subs with the active crossovers is all done with TrueRTA.

soundhound said:
...About the only thing I use a SPL meter for is to balance the fronts with the surrounds...

That's all I use mine for as well. I typically use 70dB because it's straight up on the meter and it's fairly close to the volume I listen to the movies at.

John

Towen7 said:
WORD ?!?!

I thought we were supposed to turn the clocks back one hour. Not the calendars back to 1990.

I have officially brought "word" back....it seems to be spreading. Ask Doghart, he knows.

MSword.jpg

:eek:bscene-buttred:

:text-bump:

My curiosity has extened beyond its limits. What is your porpoise. (<-------fish pun) :teasing-neener:

Rope

Rope said:

My curiosity has extened beyond its limits. What is your porpoise. (<-------fish pun) :teasing-neener:

Rope

A poirpose is a mammal... :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener:

Just sayin'

John

yromj said:
Rope said:

Rope

Just sayin'

John

I attempted the fish pun just for the halibut.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Rope

Rope said:
yromj said:
Rope said:

Rope

Just sayin'

John

Rope
Ew. That smelt.

Rope said:

Rope

yrom said:

Just sayin'

John

Rope said:

Rope
Botch said:
Ew. That smelt.

Why, I octopus your face in the toilet! :laughing:

Rope

I'm so glad my attempt to be generous and unselfish is proving to be nothing more than fish fodder. :shifty:

Don't be like that. Surely someone needs to tuna up their system.

Orbison said:
Towen7 said:
Don't be like that. Surely someone needs to tuna up their system.

He doesn't like it when you call him Surley. :angry-cussingblack:

Tell me Billy, have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Ooops, wrong thread, that should be in the movie quotes. :text-imnewhere:

Back