• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

AirPort Express question

I stopped at the Apple store today. I've never talked to an Apple sales rep but I just assumed they knew more than the average Best Buy sales monkey. Apparently I expected too much. I told the guy what I wanted to do and if he mentioned the AppleTV once, he mentioned it 20 times. I told him I wanted to talk about the Airport Express but he told me it couldn't be used that way. I had to take him over to an iMac and show him the pic. Then he told me that I couldn't use Airplay, because it was only for AppleTv. So I showed him the quote from Apple's website. I could go on but... long story short... I spent the next 10 minutes educating him on Airplay and the Express, products I've never seen before.

I just need a mini optical ace and I should be good t go.

Man I lost track of this thread. T7, did you purchase the express? How do you like it?

I haven't bought it yet. I can't convince myself that the desire to do stream music wirelessly to my outdoor speakers is worth $100.

I'll have to try something on mine. I have two airport expresses to create wireless zones in my house off my gigabit network. I will try to do something next week as I will be out of town thursday through sunday running a car show.

If ya still are interested, I'll do some legwork and get back.

I haven't. As often happens I'm better at planning than executing. I've had the damned thing in my cart a dozen times but I just can't convince myself to spend the money. I'm still using my iPod touch connected with an adapter cable.

Well since my last post I ordered one of the refurb units from Apple for $69. We'll see how it goes.

Back