• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Altered carbon - thoughts? (spoilers)

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
im down to the last episode, will watch later.

your thoughts?

ideas on the basis of the story? the environment and its potential mindset?

i love the show, and hoping that despite Joel kinnerman not returning for season 2 (if there is one in production, he will be focusing on The Killing which is now on amazon)...

possible spoiler alert, some topics can or are discussed moving forward may reveal some plot stuff

*mods can we edit the thread title to show more tit?

Last edited:
I binged it while I was sick with the flu. I liked it too. I wish they could do more/better Cyberpunk themed shows. This one wasn't Blade Runner quality, but it was pretty good.. with some pretty decent eye candy. Which I quess should be noted for those that don't like nudity, there is a LOT of nudity from top to bottom front and back.

yup, think game of thrones when it comes to nudity, but with man junk more than the norm.

also be weary of the voilence so watch with discretion in mind.

hope you're feeling better Tkop.

what do you think of the concept tho?

i mean, we wont have

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

the possibility of aliens giving us this capability, but with our advancements, could be in a century or ten.

Rose and I binged it on Netflix. We love the show. Kind of a Blade Runner'esk show that really gets one thinking about what ifs.

SPOILER ALERT

With regards to the "skins" potential, I think there is a possibility eventually of downloading the experiences and personality that will mimic a person -- but the philosophical part of the whole thing is what mostly intrigues me. Is it REALLY you that gets downloaded? I mean, would you download to a body that looks like Brad Pitt? Be hard for me to make that leap -- SOMETHING gets lost I think.

Wow, extraordinary show. Seriously, you must all watch this.

I thought it was a bit goofy but still an enjoyable show. I recommend giving it a watch.

there definitely are great topics about it,

mostly the idea behind stacks etc.

pauly, can i request to edit the title to add spoilers inside?

dont want to ruin it for others,

i really wanted it to be longer, let me linger like a fallout game. but it would be too long too

thank you,

so, how hot is ortega huh? :D

*posting error told me to wait 4 seconds, i was already done vavoom!*

no news yet, but based on the responses, it would be an amazing investment.

i'll ask some questions later.

Watched the first episode yesterday, and thought it was good, although I had trouble following along at first. I also watched part of the second episode, and for whatever reason, those AI guys give the creeps somewhat.

Maybe they went over this, but one problem I did have with the first episode, is they can transfer someones consciousness to another body, but all cars don't self land? Or aren't self driving so that the guys kid doesn't get a DUI? Pretty minor thing, but the lady cop is pretty cute. Overall, I think it looks great and I look forward to finishing the series.

I did hit the info button on my Sony X800, which is what I was using to stream it, and one thing I hadn't seen before is 1440 for the resolution. You can see it ramp up from 720, 1080, etc, ending up at 2160, just had never seen it say 1440 before.

My wife and I just finished watching it Saturday night and absolutely loved the show and thought it was top-notch across the board. It is definitely great for fans of the cyberpunk genre. We are definitely looking forward to more seasons and will be very bummed if there aren't any.

You had me at nudity.
Hard it was good, now I'll definitely check it out.
Start talking about nudity, and then you HARD it was good. lol

I like the show, just having trouble having the time in finding to finish. I think I am on episode 5, it's the one where the cop and Kovach(sp) have sex, and I gotta say, that was pretty hot.

Binge watched the last 5 episodes yesterday, and I think it got even better once the sister was introduced. I was a little worried they were gonna have a GOT moment the way she kept fawning over him, but thankfully they didn't. I need to watch the last episode again though, watched after dinner and couple of drinks, heck maybe I'll even watch the whole thing again.

I didn't read any of the posts because of the threat that there will be spoilers.

I've watched three episodes and I really like this show. The tech theories seem to hold their own and the Noir theme is right up my alley. In many ways it reminds me more of Sam Spade and Blade Runner than a cheesy Sci-Fi show, which is really good to me.

I am taking my time with this show, because it is really entertaining me so far.

Back