• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Always pleased with Blue Jeans Cable

bmwuk

I realize people can get cheaper stuff from Monoprice or other avenues but I have always liked BJC for my cables and interconnects, I just wish I had discovered them before my initial Monster buying in 2001.
I have used them to help friends setup new systems and have saved them tons of money.

Because I'm a dork, I ordered my stereo cables for the amp in blue and white instead of the traditional red and white. I love the RCA plugs. Great fit without the death grip. rps20180714_002834.jpg

I have upgraded most of my cables to BJ, some of them with the ultra sonic welded connections and locking banana plugs.

Most of my analog cables are BJC, but my HDMI cables are mostly Monoprice or Amazon Basics.

I have a long Belden Series 1 HDMI cable I bought from BJC back when I set up my theater- HDMI 1.3 had just come out and I wasn't sure if a lesser cable would be compliant. It's worked great. I'm not even sure I'll need to update to a higher bandwidth HDMI cable when I switch the TV to a 4K model.

I am unaware of any company making better cables. They use the same components the highest end commercial recording studios use to make their custom cables.

I have upgraded most of my cables to BJ, some of them with the ultra sonic welded connections and locking banana plugs.
When I was putting my main system together I purchased a pair of the same speaker cables (with the ultra sonic welded connectors).

I feel they are quite pricey for speaker cables (compared to using generic cable that would likely perform just as well), and don't really have the price/performance ratio BJC is known for.

However, ultrasonically welding the connectors is a clever bit of engineering, so I decided to go ahead and "splurge" on them. And of course the quality of the wire and locking banana plugs are nice.

Back