• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Another Good Place to Buy UV Codes

I tried out Digital Movie Codes. Between them and New Age Flix, I scored

Fast & Furious 6
Underworld: Awakening
Despicable Me 2

Haywood watch out for Digital Movie Codes. Last night I bought Thor ( not available on UV but digital download on iTunes. Today I got the redemption code and when I entered it, it says I need the actual disc to redeem. No shit. I sent them an email saying the code asks for a disc and they respond that they don't sell the disc. Holy Crap no shit Sherlock hence why I was buying the code. I've had no issue with Digital Movie Codes and Ultraviolet but iTunes wants the disc itself. I told them if I owned the disc why would I need you guys. Anyway I requested my 3.00 back but doesn't look like they are gonna pay me back.

MatthewB said:
Haywood watch out for Digital Movie Codes. Last night I bought Thor ( not available on UV but digital download on iTunes. Today I got the redemption code and when I entered it, it says I need the actual disc to redeem. No shit. I sent them an email saying the code asks for a disc and they respond that they don't sell the disc. Holy Crap no shit Sherlock hence why I was buying the code. I've had no issue with Digital Movie Codes and Ultraviolet but iTunes wants the disc itself. I told them if I owned the disc why would I need you guys. Anyway I requested my 3.00 back but doesn't look like they are gonna pay me back.

WTF? That's B.S. I don't buy anything but HD UV or VUDU HDX codes, but damn.

Don't all digital copies (not UV or Vudu) for iTunes or Windows require the disc?

Every single non-UV digital copy I have came with a disc that had to in the drive for you to redeem the code. I guess anyone who lost their code or bought a secondhand disc and wanted a digital copy could use such a service.

^ No several studios had access codes you could type in directly in the iTunes store or had a digital copy page that you'd redeem the code and then open iTunes automatically when the DL began...

Bats that's why I bought it. I have about 40 movies in iTunes that I redeemed just by manually entering the code. In fact this was the first movie to ask me to enter the disc itself. I wrote Digital movie codes a couple times but either they are ignoring me or have gone home for the day and may respond tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens.

DMC just responded.

Not a problem. Under our Terms and Conditions you have 24 hour to return your code. We will refund your order now. Please allow up to 24 hours for refund to show up on your account

Thank You,
Digital Movie Codes

Humanity Restored. -Matt

Edit: PayPal just sent an email that my 3.00 has been refunded.

I have yet to have any of these sites not fix a problem and I've had problems with several of them.

I'd say I loaded about 60-70 digital copies into my library over the last 3-4 years and about 2/3 of them required a disc to be in the drive to redeem the code on the insert, the remaining were as I described above. I recall Paramount being one of the studios that often did not require a disc...

I just ran into an interesting dilemma with Boardwalk Empire. There were three options for redemption: iTunes, Vudu and UV. The catch is that the UV redemption was only available through Flixter and Flixter is the only UV service provider that currently handles HBO under UV. Flixter is a lousy, lousy service. I ended up redeeming it as a digital copy through Vudu. This is a minor drag, as I don't have the long-term flexibility of UV, but Vudu is the only service provider I actually use on a regular basis and I really like the service (despite my general hatred of Walmart).

Haywood I'm confused if they have a download code for Vudu and Flixster shouldn't putting it just on UV make it available to both. I mean it is available on Vudu and Flixster right? I know all my movies play on Vudu while they don't on Flixster or CinemaNow but never had an issue with Vudu.

The problem is with HBO. Not all UV service providers have all UV content. It is licensed on a provider by provider basis. Flixter is the only UV service provider authorized for HBO content. Vudu have HBO programming, but not via UV. There are still some screwy issues around the edges of UV that have no been fixed yet. This is one of them. Given the choice between a UV copy that only works on Flixter or a Vudu-only copy, I'd rather go with Vudu. They are the best service provider by far and I'm not concerned that they are going to fail any time soon either.

Yeah I love Vudu just bought Prisoners, Percy Jackson and Elysium and Elysium PQ and AQ was awesome.

MatthewB said:
Yeah I love Vudu just bought Prisoners, Percy Jackson and Elysium and Elysium PQ and AQ was awesome.

I just grabbed Percy Jackson and Elysium myself.

Back