• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Anyone here collect old classic remotes... like as a hobby?

Re: Anyone here collect old classic remotes... like as a hob

I boxed mine up for years and haven't touched it. Maybe I should dust it off and use it. I know it's probably clumsy and cumbersome compared to the new sleeker smarter remotes of today, but at least it's paid for.

Yesfan70 said:
I boxed mine up for years and haven't touched it. Maybe I should dust it off and use it. I know it's probably clumsy and cumbersome compared to the new sleeker smarter remotes of today, but at least it's paid for.
You're making payments on your sleeker remote??? :teasing-tease:

Botch said:
Yesfan70 said:
You're making payments on your sleeker remote??? :teasing-tease:

LOL!, no...the not so sleeker dumber remote is paid for.

yeah, I probably should have proof read my post. :oops:

The pronto should be able to still connect with a USB to 9 pin serial adapter.

I have my 2 old Sony RM-AV3000 and a Kenwood RC-120.

If you want to send it here, I would not object and would test on the USB to 9 pin connector that I have here to support Old Sewing machine, Cisco switchs, and such.

Yesfan70 said:
Botch said:
mcad64 said:
...People collect all sorts of weird shyt, why not remotes?
Case in point:
Lydia's AOL CD's . Apparently she has over 2500. WTF??
aol-disc-collecting.jpg
I kept every one I got in the early days, didn't really know why. Then I got the bright idea of glueing every two back-to-back (shiny side out) and drilling a small hole by one edge, and then dressing a Christmas tree with white twinkle lights and a bunch of these "CD ornaments".
1) I've never actually bought a Christmas tree for my own home, being a professional bachelor,
2) Now that I'm agnostic, the odds have dropped even more.
I've got about 9" (heh) worth of AOL disks, and I'm trying to come up with another idea/project to use them with. The only things I've come up with so far is to cover my Saab with them (again, shiny-side out) and add a bumper sticker reading "Suck THIS, Beiber!" or covering one wall of my bedroom (bet I could get in a magazine with that one).
Any others?

Back in the day when the S&V forums worked, I remember Voodoo posting a link to this guy who was collecting as many of those AOL discs as he could.His intent? once he got a million of them, he was going to have them all shipped back to AOL. After reading the above posts, I wonder if that guy ever done that. Heck, I wonder if AOL is even still operating. They've seem to have fell on the back burner in recent years and don't seem as popular as they were back in the days of Dial up.

back to remotes........

I still have my old "remote of the gods" Marantz RC2000 mk II. Boy was that thing a battery hog.

marantz-rc2000mkii-kq1-640.jpg

Yes and they have some employees still.

http://www.aol.com/

Back