• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Arkham City

As a self-proclaimed fanboi, both AA and AC were a dream come true. As T7 said they're great Batman stories, and it's about as close to the being Batman as one could experience. About the only changes I'd have made were to make both games a tad longer. Artistically, there are other versions of Batman (namely Jim Lee's interpretation) that I prefer to this, although I'm fine with the way he looks in the game. And I'm a little tired of Kevin Conroy voicing the character. He's portrayed the character by far more than any other actor (it's not even close) but he does work. Minor nitpicks, but with Nolan's trilogy nearing an end, I long for the character to evolve in any way he can...

What, Lego Batman doesn't do it for you guys? :laughing:

Finished the main plot line, and all of Catwoman's stuff (riddler trophies and such). I really like how the fighting style is noticeably different between her (faster) and Batman (slower but more power and of course more gadgetry), I think they did a good job with that. I've done a lot of the batman extra missions, but not all - I think my total game completion is around 65%. One thing that consistently annoys me now is the riddler trophies that require remote batarang flight through right-angle bends in the air ducts. That's very hard to get right.

LIGHT SPOILER

I did think it was interesting that they actually killed off a couple of major characters. Usually these games to to extreme lengths to explain why they didn't die and so are available to reappear in the sequel(s).

finally finished this over the weekend, recently just finished

*spoiler alert*

doing catwomans last mission.

i felt a bit anticlimatic on this. i wanted MORE. i really did. i loved it tho, i know i loved the experience. but i kinda felt amiss and yearned for so much more to beat this game.

aside from the tower, i loved, loved, loved beating up raz al ghul. THAT stage was amazing, and so was Mr. Freeze.

theres so much in this world, so much in regards to getting things done, the side quest and all. i WILL NOT try to get all the trophies. i hated some of them, and quite frankly its frustrating enough to get the batarang to god knows where. what more to get it to hit something. i hate it. i finished the first one and got all the trophies, i can only hope for this one.

anyways, i loved the game. definitely worth it. in fact, i purchased it AGAIN last two weeks ago, when it went on sale for 29.99.

i WILL come back and play the GOTY version. :happy-smileygiantred:

Agreed, that was a good game. I mainly had problems with the riddler trophies that required you to move the batarang through 90 degree bends in the vent shafts, that was a pain in the ass. I eventually got most of them, enough to defeat the riddler. Some of the flight/dive things were pretty damn hard too.

PaulyT said:
Agreed, that was a good game. I mainly had problems with the riddler trophies that required you to move the batarang through 90 degree bends in the vent shafts, that was a pain in the ass. I eventually got most of them, enough to defeat the riddler. Some of the flight/dive things were pretty damn hard too.

i HATED flying.

*spoiler*

one thing that ruined the whole raz al ghul section.

Back