• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Article -- High End Headphones

TKoP

Not that long ago, I saw an article that listed a bunch of "great" headphones that were all not on our favorites list -- I can't find the article anywhere now. Probably deleted in shame.

Anyway, new article -- this one for the very high end of headphones with most being cans I hadn't even heard of.

These I wouldn't mind owning.

Link

I'll take the HE-6's and a 50 watt (RMS) per channel dedicated HP amplifier.

Rope

^^

Head-Fi(ers) hold meets all over the country and offer a plethora of HPs and HP amps for interested partie to audition. Check out www.head-fi.org/ . There will be details on when and where.

Rope

Rope said:
^^

Head-Fi(ers) hold meets all over the country and offer a plethora of HPs and HP amps for interested partie to audition. Check out http://www.head-fi.org/ . There will be details on when and where.

Rope

Would they be OK with a walk-in with no interest in purchasing?
Unfortunately (or fortunately) there is a tremendous list of items that are above esoteric headphones.
I would just like to hear a few...

The DirtMerchant said:
Rope said:
^^

Head-Fi(ers) hold meets all over the country and offer a plethora of HPs and HP amps for interested partie to audition. Check out http://www.head-fi.org/ . There will be details on when and where.

Rope

Unfortunately (or fortunately) there is a tremendous list of items that are above esoteric headphones.

The more the marrier. They could careless, they're out to promote HP listening through letting people audition good gear. You may consider going to a meet nekkid, cause if you have clothes on and can carry any kind of monetary compensation, you return home with no money and CC maxed. :D

Rope

The DirtMerchant said:
Rope said:
^^

Rope

PaulyT and I have been mailing gear back and forth to try out. While I would not be comfortable mailing my more elaborate ( expensive) gear I will be more then happy to send you my Little Dot tube amp and a pair of Senn HD598's. Just promise to send them back to me when your done, lol.
While not "high end" they would give you a good base to start thinking about building on.
And if you really like them I may be willing to let them go for a great price. :music-listening:

Yeah that reminds me, gotta look for the box for the Jade...

walls said:
The DirtMerchant said:
Rope said:
^^

Rope

PaulyT and I have been mailing gear back and forth to try out. While I would not be comfortable mailing my more elaborate ( expensive) gear I will be more then happy to send you my Little Dot tube amp and a pair of Senn HD598's. Just promise to send them back to me when your done, lol.
While not "high end" they would give you a good base to start thinking about building on.
And if you really like them I may be willing to let them go for a great price. :music-listening:

That is an interesting offer.

PaulyT said:
Yeah that reminds me, gotta look for the box for the Jade...

Yes please! LOL! Do you want to try the Crack or the WOO first? I was thinking that if I sent you the Crack I don't think your Denons will match to it very well.

srvy said:

The DirtMerchant said:

One that is almost impossible to refuse. :teasing-neener:

walls said:
The DirtMerchant said:

One that is almost impossible to refuse. :teasing-neener:[/quote]

Okay...twist my arm... :music-listening:

Pm me you address and I will send out the Little Dot, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Do you have a nice set of cans or should I send the Hd598's with it?

I thought that the AKG 701 was considered one of the most "neutral" sounding headphones out there. It seems like I read a LOT about people that really dump them very shortly after purchase... What gives?

^^
That's correct branding of AKG 701. Most people do not prefer a "neutral" sound.

I still own the AKG K701's and listen to them in order to contast other HPs.

Rope

Back