• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

ATI AT1502

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Yeah... I know this weird dude in Wisconsin who does it. There's also a guy in Atlanta who does it and a few others I've met who do it.

And I am plenty confident in my amplifiers.

I want the clean headroom.

Last edited:
If your speakers have an efficiency rating of 96dB, I'm pretty sure you need an amp rated at at least 200W/ch. Or so I'm told.

If your speakers have an efficiency rating of 96dB, I'm pretty sure you need an amp rated at at least 200W/ch. Or so I'm told.

Doing the math, that would mean one speaker would be capable of peaks at 119dB SPL at 1 meter (no room reinforcement). That's insane. With speakers that efficient with modern content, 100Watts would be more than enough. With older truly dynamic recordings (like the really good stuff pre-1980s), 200 Watts might make sense.

Question. Are the amp lights suppose to blink while playing? The green ones

Edited for grammar

Last edited:
Yes. They indicate the presence of signal.
I came close to pulling the trigger on a used 2505 today on auction. $500. But heldoff since I realize a few things

1. I promised the wife no AV purchases for remainder of the year
2. My current stand can't accommodate two amps
3. I have a daughter with a birthday soon
4. I probably want to swap my rears to match my fronts first.

I think the Monolith 7 x 200 for price is my future best bet

Back