• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Audiovox is buying Klipsch? WTF?

Wow is right, the "Klipsch Group" includes Jamo, Energy, and Mirage also...

I always held Klipsch up as one of the last great American speaker companies.

Yeah, wow - that really sucks. I have always liked Klipsch speakers (my first real speaker purchase). Gotta wonder where this is going to take the company's products but hopefully Audiovox let's them mostly still be Klipsch

Maybe now is the time to buy me some new Klipsch Heritage speakers. :think:

If Audiovox is SMART, they will leave them intact. Time will only tell!

Man, when I think Audiovox I think cheap alarm clocks, car radios and odd electronics. Hopefully they leave things alone...but I doubt it.

The brands Audiovox already owns are:

North America brands:
Acoustic Research
Advent
Audiovox
CarLink
Code-Alarm
Energizer
FlashLogic
Invision
Jensen
Phase Linear
Prestige
Pursuit
PursuiTrak
RCA
Surface Clean
Terk
Zentral Home Command

International brands include:
Heco
Incaar
Oehlbach
Mac Audio
Magnate
Schwaiger

HHMMMMMMM???? I guess this is the world we live in. Klipsch has always been one of my faves, but i guess we will have to wait and see. I wish I could afford a pair of La Scala's or K-Horns right away.

Randy said:
HHMMMMMMM???? I guess this is the world we live in. Klipsch has always been one of my faves, but i guess we will have to wait and see. I wish I could afford a pair of La Scala's or K-Horns right away.

Check the used market, they are one of the best values in speakers, IMHO! I love my 1979 La Scalas.

The Klipsch employees are staying positive and hoping they remain a separate entity. People are worried the Heritage line may be discontinued, but it is all speculation at this time. We're keeping our fingers crossed that this will be a good thing for Klipsch. :think:

Dennie :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Here's a FB post from Fred (Klipsch) today.....

Picture%2025.png

Dennie

Ya Dennie, i had a line on a pair of La Scala's on St. Louis Craigslist recently for $1300 It seems they went pretty quick.

I think WTF is an understatment. As a fan of the brand, I'm worried they will go the way of the dodo in a few years.

Well here's hoping they at least leave the Heritage line intact. It would be interesting to see what caused this, like due to the subar economy is Audiovox buying Klipsch on the cheap? Someone on the Klipsch forum suggested it might the family wanting to cash out due to some kind of tax break in effect this year.

Regardless of why they are buying it... It's not in Audiovox's interest to kill the brand. Most non AV enthusiasts are big box store shoppers and consider Klipsch to be pretty close to the best available. But Klipsch really operates at two levels. They sell iPod docks, computer speakers and "okay" speakers at Best Buy. I wouldn't expect that to change much but there may be a quality decrease if they try to continue growth in that market.
I think what you are all worried about though is the possibility of the high end stuff, sold in specialty shops, loosing quality or going away. I have no idea how profitable that business is for Klipsch but I think its that those products exist that got the average consumer thinking of Klipsch when shopping a Best Buy. I'm not sure that is the case any longer.

Well here is a real head turner of a video, showing what Audiovox can for a company like Acoustic Research. Let us all pray for Klipsch now :scared-yipes: http://www.youtube.com/user/AudiovoxPR

" can be used as a stand alone home theatre system, "apps for controlling your clock" :handgestures-thumbdown:

Wait!

Did that dude just say that an iPad in a 20 watt docking station is a "stand alone home theater"?!?!

Back