• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Band of brothers

nats

Ive never wacthed band of brothers, Im home alone today and put on spike this morning and there having a marothon. except to use the bathroom or get some food,ive been mesmorized all day. It makes me so proud of those who have ever served .

I watched when it was originally aired on HBO. I have the BDs as well but still can't turn it off whenever I see it on TV. I saw the marathon today but the commercials bothered me so Im watching it on HBO-Go on the Roku.

Towen7 said:
I watched when it was originally aired on HBO. I have the BDs as well but still can't turn it off whenever I see it on TV. I saw the marathon today but the commercials bothered me so Im watching it on HBO-Go on the Roku.
Thats funny,Since i didnt know i would be glued all day,The commercials are actually giving me a chance to snack and browse. Its been a do nothing and loving it day.

Both Band of Brothers and The Pacific were on sale for around $35 on Amazon this month, I ended up getting both. Guess I should quit doing that now until I get my Roku :banana-dance: and see what's all available on that.

i loved band of brothers. probably the best and only reason to buy blu-rays back in the day.

i still prefer it over the pacific, mainly because i became attached to the cast strongly compared to the pacific front.

sadly, i cannot watch homeland because of this too. nonetheless, i dont have showtime no more so problem solved.

Botch said:
Guess I should quit doing that now until I get my Roku :banana-dance: and see what's all available on that.

Don't toss out the BluRay player just yet. The picture and sound quality of the stuff you'll find with your Roku will be a far cry from what your used to with BluRay. Some channels are better than others but different content on the same channel can vary as well. The HBO-Go copy of Band of Brothers was watchable but markedly worse than even the TBS broadcas. Finding content is getting to be a hassle too. Band of Brothers is not available on Netflix. It's on Amazon's channel but it's $6 per episode. HBO-Go has all the episodes for free (assuming you $ubscribe to HBO) but, as I noted the quality is so-so.

Band of brothers is my all time favorite. So so good. A friend of mine has a grandfather that was in Easy Company.

Once while on vacation, I took a week and watched one episode per day, by myself in the basement with absolutely no distractions. It was an awesome experience.

Back