• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

BD Demo Material - Recommended Scenes

Zing

Retired Admin
Superstar
yromj said:
Do you guys realize we don't have a demo movie/scene thread? :scared-eek: I noticed this because I was looking for some good ideas for some demo material.

I would like to keep it to blu-rays, and if possible, note the part of the movie you're referring to.

John
Ask and ye shall receive!

Let's have 'em Boys!

51-QwxD6EzL.jpg

Shoot-out in the gun trafficing scene.

Rope

Bass:

Cloverfield - from before the friggin movie even starts till the last minute.
XXX - the avalanche scene - literally 3 minutes of nothing but constant bass

Surround Sound:

The Orphanage - When the medium takes over the house.
Rambo IV - when Rambo picks up the jeep mounted guns to lay havok (also great bass demo)
The Matrix - Lobby descruction scene

ed03aa4d.jpg

Tron Legacy: The part where Sam Flynn is in the grid and gets arrested by the security force on flying gate. Lots of LFE and surround sound.

DIYer said:
ed03aa4d.jpg

Tron Legacy: The part where Sam Flynn is in the grid and gets arrested by the security force on flying gate. Lots of LFE and surround sound.
How about we just say Tron: Legacy from when Sam arrives in the grid through end credits :eusa-whistle:

My favorite sequence is from "disc wars" into the light cycle battle.

Also Kick-Ass when Hit-Girl interrupts the viral assassination...

Watched XMen 3 last night and the scene where Jean levitates the house has some pretty awesome LFE.

Batman said:
How about we just say Tron: Legacy from when Sam arrives in the grid through end credits :eusa-whistle:
That would require long attention span which works against the base of this thread "Short Attention Span Theater". :(

Just watched "The International" and realized while watching it, just how great the surround sound and how tight the mid bass is in this movie. But the shootout at the Guggenheim was just a cacophony orgasm of sound.

Just watched "The Hurt Locker" for a second time and at around the one hour mark, the crew is helping some European soldiers change a flat when they are ambushed by a sniper. At one pint you hear one of the soldiers who has taken cover say to the two men trying to kill the sniper, "We have a sniper behind you at your 6:00" and it's at this point the shooting starts and as the camera angle switches from forward view to rear, you get a great audio experience as the loud gunshoots move overhead from front to back and the deep bass follows with it. Very cool scene.

HurtLocker-121809-0017.jpg

Rope said:
51-QwxD6EzL.jpg

Shoot-out in the gun trafficing scene.

Rope

Ummm, I vote for when the girl gets comfortable in her skin. Smokin hot, and I usually don't like em that skinny.

My buddy had a saying about skinny chicks. He said when I can hear their pelvis pop while banging em then they need a double burger.

My grandpa had a saying about fat chicks. They're just as good in bed, but can a skinny chick pull the plough when the horse is sick?

Oddly, my grandma was a fox. For a grandma...

MatthewB said:
Botch, Fat Chicks and Mopeds, they're both fun to ride till a friend sees you.
I don't have any friends, so I guess I beat the system!!! :banana-rock: :banana-dance: :banana-rock: :banana-dance: :banana-rock:

Botch said:
My grandpa had a saying about fat chicks. They're just as good in bed, but can a skinny chick pull the plough when the horse is sick?

Oddly, my grandma was a fox. For a grandma...

Shade in summer, heat in winter. Made for comfort, not speed. Bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'.

Rope

Back