• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Best Buy upgrade your DVD sale.

MatthewB

Grandmaster Pimp Daddy
Famous
So this weekend I get the Best Buy circular and notice that they have a deal going on where you can trade in any (yes any) DVD as long as it's in it's original case packaging and get five dollars off a select choice of Blurays. So I check out the BB website and they have about 100 titles listed and not crappy movies but some great movies. Here's the kicker the movies are listed (mostly) between 9.99 and 14.99 and with the trade in, you get barnd new Blurays from 4.99 to 9.99 each. So I decide a few are gonna be upgrades (bring in the DVD and get the same exact bluray title and some are gonna be trade ins of some horrible God awful movies that I bought (Lord knows why.....I'll just say bad drugs). Now here's the best part if you go into Best Buy they have some movies marked as "Upgrade and Save" that weren't listed in the circular or website. They had Taxi Driver marked and not the standard version but the limited edition Directors Cut Book version, accidently listed as 14.99 that with trade in of some crappy movie I got for 9.99. Here's what i wound up getting by trading in crappy DVD's like (Pearl Harbour, The Blair Witch Project and a few others that for decorum I won't list that I even owned, but alas they are all now gone. Here's what I got

Forrest Gump 4.99
Tropic Thunder 4.99
Napoleon Dynamite 4.99
Cast Away 4.99 (hey it was 5.00 bucks don't judge me)

Taxi Driver 9.99
Pulp Fiction 9.99
Platoon 9.99
The King's Speech 9.99
Ninja Assassin 9.99
The Town 9.99
The Book of Eli 9.99
The Blues Brothers 9.99

So 12 movies for about 100.00 or about 8.80/ea Not a bad deal I thought, they had alot more choices, but some I wasnt sure about and I only had a handful of God awful movies that I could care less what I traded them in for. There are still a few more I may think about trading in but not sure. Anyway here is the link to the ones listed on the website (have the store check the prices, because some movies were listed at 9.99 online but in the store they had higher prices, I had them price check their own site. But here's the website (copy and paste)

www.bestbuy.com/upgradeandsave

We took advantage of this today.

Traded in a couple of lame DVD's for The Rise Of Planet Of the Ape ($12.99), Avatar ($14.99) and The Help ($14.99).

They told us the promotion is good thru 1/28/12.

Be careful..................we tried to trade in an "R" rated movie called Sexual Chemistry, however they told us in Customer Service that because the word "erotic" was use on the back, it was not eligible for the $5 Coupon. WTF!!!!

Did a couple more today and picked up.

Iron Man
Black Swan
Contagin
Rango
The Rite

Paid $14.99 for them with the $5 discount.

Thanks Matt. I just traded a DVD for Alien Blu-ray. Will go back tomorrow for some more trades.

thanks matt, i guess its time for me to look through my collection today.

apparently you can only do 5 a day or 5 a visit.

some people bring in 5, then come back in with 5 more. ymmv.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/movie-tv-d...8-trade-dvd-get-5-off-any-blu-ray-9-99-a.html

went to the other pond to see how theyre doing it.

anyways, im still contemplating on either keeping my original dvds of lotr extended cut boxes or trade em up.

i will finally let go of my constantine dvd. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Just got back from best buy.

Two things,
1.can't stack. Meaning I traded five DVDs got five coupons but can't use the total of $25 for one bluray.
2. Youhave to confirm it's 9.99 only. Too bad I almost bought domino but it was it's $7.99.

of course after we scan it I forgot to use d $5.00 coupon we got from our BB card.

Bought contagion. And underworld. Have to find three more worthwhile movies.

Thanks Matt for the heads up.

agreed. dont matter if its high def or not, its a matter of priorities.

on a different note, ive also see people seen buying movies from the dollar store just to get this promo. personally, i think its not a bad move.

i just took home most of my other movies i was going to take in to trade. im reconsidering 'trading' it because it makes me spend more money on movies i dont think i would be getting anytime soon.

i guess on my list would be a couple of other movies, my bb just didnt have any in stock.

i think i might get
1. book of eli
2. troy?
3. aliens wasnt in stock tho. :(

ironically, i just went to a chinese restaurant to buy some movies, and i see a 'seller' selling sherlock holmes 2, a couple more movies, and well, 3 for $10. no thanks....

Just wondering, what can BB do with used DVD? Melt it down for polycarbonate recycle or sell it to other country where Blu-ray hasn't caught up? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Anyone with business experience on things like this?

DIYer said:
Just wondering, what can BB do with used DVD? Melt it down for polycarbonate recycle or sell it to other country where Blu-ray hasn't caught up? :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Anyone with business experience on things like this?

i personally think they'd be using this towards there recycle program, buy used stuff area.

they break even i think with the $5 off coupon, but then i think they still make a buck because they end up having you 'commit' to purchasing a blu-ray from their store.

spend some to make some i guess...

im going back later, going to get

Sweeney Todd
Good bad wierd
Blackthorn

Despite most of em arent $9.99, i guess i just want to get rid of the other three coupons i have. nothing special on the shelves no more. :handgestures-thumbdown:

jomari said:
Despite most of em arent $9.99, i guess i just want to get rid of the other three coupons i have. nothing special on the shelves no more. :handgestures-thumbdown:
BB in my area, it applies to Blu-ray $9.99 and up. At least that's what the sign in the store says.

DIYer said:
jomari said:
BB in my area, it applies to Blu-ray $9.99 and up. At least that's what the sign in the store says.

That is rules here at our local BB.

i know, i guess its just that i would like to get the best return on this.

if ever i find something worthwhile, it normally is cheaper via Amazon.

Nonetheless, im tryin to find the best bang for the buck since it is a credit from BB.

Im locked into purchasing a blu-ray from them, despite being able to find a better price via competitors.

jomari said:
i know, i guess its just that i would like to get the best return on this.

if ever i find something worthwhile, it normally is cheaper via Amazon.

Nonetheless, im tryin to find the best bang for the buck since it is a credit from BB.

Im locked into purchasing a blu-ray from them, despite being able to find a better price via competitors.

Most of the ones that we used the $5 for were priced at $19.99 got them for $14.99.

Traded couple more today.
The Thing (1982) on sale for $14.99 - $5 = $10.99
Avatar Blu-ray + DVD combo (not sure why they did :roll: ) on sale for $19.99 - $5 = $14.99

Considering $2 each I've got when I sold some DVDs to a local pawn shop a year ago, this BB upgrade is a good deal. They don't have tons of collections but for now, these will do.

flippin hell man, i shouldve known better.

gf went up north to buy the good the bad the weird, because the site said it had stock...

of course...

*sigh*

anyways, bought
- fast and furious (the first one)
- the book of eli
- got the game of thrones demo disc (the first episode- ive been wondering about this show a lot, but i dont have hbo...)

anyways, will get the thing soon. damn i forgot about that one!

i also wanted to get domino, but man, it was at 7.99... :(

I got a good deal on this.

Turned in 5 junk DVDs from the 90's and got 11 movies on 5 blu ray discs!

Best buy has some discs that have 3 movies in one.

V for Vendetta
Watchmen
Constantine

Twister
Poseidon
Perfect Storm

Red Planet
Contact

then two single discs..

Sling Blade

The only one I already had was Contact.

Total price was $46 and some change for 11 blu ray movies!!!

That's just over 4 dollars a blu ray movie!!!!!

Funny when you think they gave me $5 credit per DVD. I paid less "per" blu ray movie.

BTW,
The 3 movies in one are selling for $19.95 without discount. Still pretty damn good.

The other day, I used this coupon at the checkout but the cashier put the coupon in the bag by mistake along with blu-ray disc I bought. Next day I double dipped with the same coupon. :dance:

I always find a bunch of 9.99 movies so I just upgrade the DVD for the bluray version for 5.00 what irks me are the movies they price for 9.75 just so it isn't eligable . I even offer to give them the .25 but they say no. Recently traded in for bluray version, American Beauty, Good Will Hunting, Watchman and two others.

Back