• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

BIG props to Sony

Mannix2106

I don't know if this is in the right forum but I thought it should be in here for anyone thinking about buying a new tv.

Anywho, I posted a thread over on S&V about my grandparents television having noticeable blue lines on them that were getting worse. They found out it would be a expensive fix and not worth it. Sooooo for some odd reason my grandfather called Sony and complained about the lines. Keep in mind the television is a 7 years old 720p RPTV that has been watched many hours. They are retired and like watching television. I'm guessing they average easily 8 hours a day watching the tv.

So for some odd reason Sony sent them a brand new KDL-55HX800 at cost. Cost was $750 shipped. The television retails on their site for $2199.99 and is $2500 at BB.

I found that very amazing that Sony would send them a new tv after 7 years. I just wanted to share this with you guys as I am very, very impressed with Sony. If I wasn't so much a plasma guy I wouldn't think twice about my next tv being a Sony.

nats said:
Mannix2106 said:
I don't know if this is in the right forum but I thought it should be in here for anyone thinking about buying a new tv.

Anywho, I posted a thread over on S&V about my grandparents television having noticeable blue lines on them that were getting worse. They found out it would be a expensive fix and not worth it. Sooooo for some odd reason my grandfather called Sony and complained about the lines. Keep in mind the television is a 7 years old 720p RPTV that has been watched many hours. They are retired and like watching television. I'm guessing they average easily 8 hours a day watching the tv.

So for some odd reason Sony sent them a brand new KDL-55HX800 at cost. Cost was $750 shipped. The television retails on their site for $2199.99 and is $2500 at BB.

I found that very amazing that Sony would send them a new tv after 7 years. I just wanted to share this with you guys as I am very, very impressed with Sony. If I wasn't so much a plasma guy I wouldn't think twice about my next tv being a Sony.
thats agreat story,there quality is very-very good,and i had a sony that ran for 4 years 24 hours a day without a hiccup before it was stolen in a house break in needless to say ive stuck with sony ever since. but ive got to admit that now even the cheaper tvs if not wacthing criticaly are pretty amazing for the price.

AndySTL said:
I think there was a class action suit against Sony related to several models of SXRD digital rear projections TVs. Sony had issues with their optical block. I'm not sure what happened with that law suit, but if their TV was one of the impacted models, they may have put in a policy to replace TVs at cost for these owners.

Here's a link http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/news-item.pl?news_id=402&template_id=1

From the sounds of the lawsuit and problems people were having it does sound exactly like what was on their screen. According to the models that linked stated their tv was not one of those models. I'm guessing that lawsuit was the reason why they replaced their tv at cost.

I guess that was still very nice of Sony to replace their tv with a better one at cost. This situation had me puzzled as to why they would do that in the first place but now I know lol

That's cool, good to hear good CS service stories once in a while.

BTW, welcome Mannix!

:text-welcomeconfetti:

PaulyT said:
That's cool, good to hear good CS service stories once in a while.

BTW, welcome Mannix!

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Thanks! So far I really like this site. Active, ran well and has a NSFW section. Can't go wrong there ;)

Considering this is Sony we are talking about, I'm surprised and happy to read that post. I've had a few bad luck items from them years back that turned me to a hater for a long time.

They're still not my favorite company (or the first one I think of), but I don't have that disdain for them like I used to have.

I had a couple of issues with Sony in the past also, that has kept me away from buying their products. One was a CD Player and one a 35" Trinitron, that had a known manufacturing defect on the high voltage board that cause premature failure.

With other great companies out there, it would take a lot for me to go back to them again. Just my 2 cents.

Back