• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

BLADE RUNNER!!!!

Getting ready to fire up The Final Cut in 4K and watch it with the kids (wife is out of town with her sisters). If they enjoy it, we’ll all see the new one tomorrow during a matinee.

Blade Runner 2049 only grossed 31.5 million in its opening weekend. I really figured it would do a lot better.

^ well I don’t think there’s any denying it’s a flop at the B.O. I don’t think it’s gonna suddenly pick up steam now that’s it’s been out for nearly 2weeks. I would personally give it a 7/10. IMO it improves upon the original, the story seems like a logical place for things to go. And having seen the first one for the first time in its entirety in one sitting the night before, while I can see why it’s gained a cult-like following, I think the original is highly overrated. It was in many ways ahead of its time and I think it actually suffers for it. It would’ve been much better and the ideas more fully realized if it had been released in the mid to late 90s. But that’s just my opinion....

Last edited:
I finally saw this movie last night and was way better than I had hoped. I am thrilled at how they captured the melancholy and angst of the original, and also maintained the sound, music, atmosphere and, well, everything. This was an honestly true sequel.

I am still processing how much I loved it.

Good for you Flint. I fell asleep 20 minutes after the intro and woke up about an hour before the end. But that is just me. I fall asleep at almost all the movies i watch even at home. It is a waste of money the way i watch movies now that i am a very old fart.

Back