• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

bluetooth speaker for android phone?

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
So the daughter has been pestering me to get a speaker for her phone - so she can listen to Adele's "Hello" OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.... sigh.

Anyway, I know this has come up before but this tech changes all the time. Any recommendations and/or good experiences with bt-connected speakers (as opposed to something with a hard dock like for an iPhone)?

Probably more than what you would want to spend, but an Amazon Echo would work for that and have countless other uses.

Ha! Yeah she's been bugging me to get the echo for weeks now... I'm kinda tempted to try it out just for the hell of it, especially as it's on sale today for $150.

Botch said:
I didn't realize the Echo had bluetooth.

Yup! Just gotta make sure to unpair before watching some um, adult stuff, unless you want the whole house to hear what you are watching.

lakedmb said:
I've been extremely happy with our Klipsch KMC 1. It has great sound and impressive battery life. Groupon has them on sale right now for $99 in purple and magenta.

Soooo close! :mrgreen:

The best sounding bluetooth speaker I've heard is JBL's Xtreme, period.(Pauly, you want this for yourself)

Rope

Or.... I still love my cheap generic bluetooth audio receivers plugged into my stereo or powered studio monitors.

I like the fact that the echo can play music independent of the phone... that may come in handy at times.

Ok, well I ordered an echo, admittedly the fact that it's on sale at the moment was the deal-maker.

:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:
I think you'll both love it, Paul.

Pauly, let me know what your daugher thinks of it. That might be something to think about for Christmas for my son (he has a bluetooth speaker, Phillips, we bought at Walmart so he can carry in his backpack for band trips on the bus etc). Just that Echo might be nice in his bedroom though.

Barney said:
Pauly, let me know what your daugher thinks of it. That might be something to think about for Christmas for my son (he has a bluetooth speaker, Phillips, we bought at Walmart so he can carry in his backpack for band trips on the bus etc). Just that Echo might be nice in his bedroom though.

Her thoughts about it are probably going to be along the lines of, "I don't know because my dad's always using it."

John

:laughing-rolling: Yeah I'm sure there will be arguments about just which room it will normally reside in!

I kinda wish the Echo had built in battery. It wouldn't have to last more than an hour, or so, but having to unplug the power, find an outlets, and plug it back in every time I want to use it in a different room is annoying. With an hour of battery life, I would be okay using it for a bit in one room then bringing it back to the power cable after that.

Flint said:
I kinda wish the Echo had built in battery. It wouldn't have to last more than an hour, or so, but having to unplug the power, find an outlets, and plug it back in every time I want to use it in a different room is annoying. With an hour of battery life, I would be okay using it for a bit in one room then bringing it back to the power cable after that.

I think you hit on their marketing strategy: They'll love the Echo so much, they'll want one in every room.

John

Back