• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Burn in on Panasonic plasma

Batman said:
...but while your shopping for plasmas, Samsung deserves a look as well.

Ditto.

Not to knock any other make but the guy that did my ISF calibration was pretty adamant that the 7000 series Samsung is what he would buy. He's a highly trained professional that measures TV performance for a living so I trust his opinion here. The Pioneer Kuro still trumps all, but as we know it's no longer manufactured.

Top 10 Rated Plasma TVs Manufacturer / Model Overall

Samsung PN51D7000 9.25/10
Samsung PN59D7000 9.25/10
Samsung PN51D8000 9.2/10
Samsung PN59D8000 9.2/10
Samsung PN51D6500 9.12/10
Panasonic TC-P50GT30 8.9/10
Panasonic TC-P65GT30 8.9/10
Panasonic TC-P50ST30 8.75/10
Panasonic TC-P50S30 7.75/10
Samsung PN64D7000 9.25/10

:text-link:

Rope

That does make me feel a little better. I have heard that there is an issue with Samsung plasmas and screen cracking. In specific a certain 51 inch model. The screen would crack somehow on its own and it would not be covered by any warranty. Most likely not a big issue but it is out there on the internet. I never researched anything like i did my last TV buy. A Sony sxrd kds-R50 XBR1, it got great reviews everywhere and was "Sound and Vision" product of the year. Great TV for about 9 months then the 0ptical block went out. Have had it replaced twice by Sony under warranty. Now the fan is going out. I have a little over 6 years with the TV so I guess I can't complain. Sony by the way always took care of everything right away and it didn't cost me a cent. Still i would not buy a Sony TV again. The TV does look great when it works I will say. Panasonic plasma is in my sights at the moment. I will look at the Samsungs too.

The tech used silicon on a piece in the TV that tends to vibrate and cause the buzzing. I think he said it was a coil. But so far the TV is quite as could be.

For the guy looking to buy a Panasonic plasma. I wouldn't be worried about it because of this cause. I love the set and it has a great picture. Just make sure you don't watch a lot of logo TV channels in the first hours lol

I asked the tech who has the best warranty help and he said Panasonic and Sony tend to have the best but he did say the others aren't bad. Even with the buzzing I had I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Panasonic.

Back