• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Captain America

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
Thought I would start a Captain America thread. He's probably in my top three favorite superheros. I haven't seen the 2011 one yet, but hoping to go see it next weekend when the crowds die down. I may, if the wife's up to it, try to see it again in 3D if the movie's good and give that format another go. Avatar is the only 3D experience I've had since that movie was released.

But I saw where SyFy was showing the older 1992 release and I DVRed. I got to watch it and man let me tell you I'm not lying when I say that film had more suckage than a best of Jenna Jameson DVD. What a terrible movie! Probably the most cheesy superhero movie I've seen besides GI Joe (if that can be counted as a comic movie).

876B334B1F2C7B1578BB59_Large.jpg

WTF??

And the Red Skull looks like the bastard child of the Toxic Avenger and Sloth from the Goonies

5492005_tml.jpg

Hey You Guuuuuuuuuys!!!!!

WTF2 Electric Boogaloo?

If you're a fan, need a good laugh, and are able to see it free, it might be worth looking into.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the new one. CAN'T WAIT!

bart-scott.jpg

Worst Seperhero Movie Ever.

I'm really looking forward to the 2011 version and how they plan to bring Cap from WWii to modern time.

I saw it mid-afternoon Friday. I'd put it on par with Thor quality wise. It's different though. I'd say this was more entertaining in an action oriented sort of way. Where as Thor had a bit more comic relief moments due to Thor familiarizing himself with earth and humans. Both being a notch below Xmen First Class and both several notches above GL...I'd give it a solid 7/10...

heres my take on this movie... wrote this on the watched thread...

watched this yesterday,

altho im not such a fan of the cap, im very, very, very much pleased with the movie. absolutely delighted that
1. they stayed true (about 98%) of it, to the story
2. respect for the fans.

its a great movie, i preferred not to see it in 3d, i pretty much loved the movie.

definitely long, 2 plus hours.

oh, DO stick around after the credits.

also saw the trailer for
contagion - on my list.
mission impossible - hmm. maybe.
cowboys and aliens
tin tin

anyways, love the movie.

This will be all I read on this thread in case spoilers are posted. I'm hoping to see the movie this Saturday. Just like with Potter last Saturday, the wife and me will probably head out after I leave work for the Matinee, then grab a bite to eat (and a few beers) at this place called Aubreys near our house. That's what we did last week and we had a great time!

hey maybe we can have a captain america thread with spoilers on the top?

anyhoo, i dont plan to, but maybe in a couple of weeks after a couple of us write about watching this flick.

i have yet to see the new harry potter movie, plus got cowboys next week. i dont go to movies anymore, much enjoy it at home instead. last one i think we watched was alice in wonderland.

I saw it.... twice.

Pretty pleased with it, although a bit cheesy in a few parts. But then again, it's Cap. Hugo was awesome as Red Skull.

V

Voodoo said:
I saw it.... twice.

Pretty pleased with it, although a bit cheesy in a few parts. But then again, it's Cap. Hugo was awesome as Red Skull.

V

I hoping to have time to see a matinee tomorrow.

Did you bother to see it in 3D? Think I'll stick to 2D.

mzpro5 said:
Voodoo said:
I saw it.... twice.

V

i actually preferred to see it in 2d. no need for me to pay more to see the sheild hitting my face. plus the fact that i dunno, its my opinion but sometimes, the 3d part of it makes it a tad soft, like sharpness lost it a bit within the mix.

its a great movie. hope you enjoy it.

mzpro5 said:
Voodoo said:
I saw it.... twice.

V

You may want to try 3D just for the sake of knowing if it's worth it next time. I saw Harry Potter in 3D because there was no other showing. It's definitely good and not cheesy like old 3D but I don't prefer it. The only way I'll go to another is if it's the only showing when I want to go. I don't hate it, but don't find the value in it as it doesn't add much for me and it's a little weird getting used to.

-B- said:
You may want to try 3D just for the sake of knowing if it's worth it next time. I saw Harry Potter in 3D because there was no other showing. It's definitely good and not cheesy like old 3D but I don't prefer it. The only way I'll go to another is if it's the only showing when I want to go. I don't hate it, but don't find the value in it as it doesn't add much for me and it's a little weird getting used to.

wierdly enough, id rather watch harry potter in 3d rather than the cap. dont know why. but i hope to try the new 'xd' ive seen on cinemark theaters here. another spoof or what not. it seems that the boss whos watched on it saw it 'full screen' ... im assuming like 1:85:1 aspect ratio on a curved screen.

I've read that HP 7 pt2 sucked in 3d and it's no surprise either. They converted it to 3d after filming was over. For 3d to truly be effective it has to be shot with the separate left and right lenses so that it can be viewed properly. HP would've been the perfect series of films to be shot this way. Hopefully an effective conversion can be made someday because they would really be cool to view in 3D. It worth researching how a 3d film was shot to at least find if it's worth ponying up the extra $ before it's too late....

The only movie I've seen lately in 3D was Avatar. Screwed up my vision - had to sit in the car for 15 minutes before I felt comfortable to drive home. nd I actually preferred Avatar in 2D on BD to the 3D theater version..

I'm not impressed by 3D at all and will go with 2D when ever possible.

mzpro5 said:
The only movie I've seen lately in 3D was Avatar. Screwed up my vision - had to sit in the car for 15 minutes before I felt comfortable to drive home. nd I actually preferred Avatar in 2D on BD to the 3D theater version..

I'm not impressed by 3D at all and will go with 2D when ever possible.
There's no doubt it's not for everybody. Avatar was THE movie made for 3D. If you don't like 3D after viewing Avatar then chances are it'll never do anything for you. I think it adds more the animated experience or other-worldly type movie than regular live action. There are a lot of factor that can detract from the experience if not implemented effectively.

jomari said:
i actually preferred to see it in 2d. no need for me to pay more to see the sheild hitting my face.

its a great movie. hope you enjoy it.

LOL! I don't need a shield in the face either. Or a S.H.E.I.L.D.

Yeah, OK, sucky pun.

MZPro make sure you stay till the very end of the credits. Just like all the Marvel movies. Also, I am strictly a 2D guy.

V

Voodoo said:
LOL! I don't need a shield in the face either. Or a S.H.E.I.L.D.

Yeah, OK, sucky pun.

MZPro make sure you stay till the very end of the credits. Just like all the Marvel movies. Also, I am strictly a 2D guy.

V

hehehe. that hit the spot bud...

yup, wait to see the very very end and make that bladder work a wee bit more.

or shall i say, wee wee bit more...

hehehe.

Just watched this on my home computer, was a pretty good movie and as mentioned stayed mostly true to the comic. Loved the special effects. I had wished that when Captain had woken up he got to have that "dance" though. Otherwise great movie and can't wait to buy the Bluray for the intense deep bass this movie has.

Voodoo said:
I saw it.... twice.

V

I loved this movie. Not as good as the 1st Ironman, but it will be a must own for sure. I may go see it again in 3D just to see what that's like. I agree with Voo. There was a couple of cheesy scenes I didn't care for like when Cap and Tommy Lee Jones were chasing Red Skull down that runway in Skull's car. That car seemed pretty fast to catch up to that type of plane and how long's that damn runway?

That and the scene where he's pushing the war bonds. I thought they could have left that scene out, but I can see where it ties into him deciding to keep the costume.

I like Chris much better as Cap than as Johnny Storm (Human Torch). And you're right Voodoo, Hugo makes a killer Red Skull.

Red-Skull-Hugo-Weaving.jpg

I agree with Matt they did stay true to the comic, I really liked it and cam't wait for the Avengers next year!

Did you guys stay after the credits to see The Avengers clip?

Tee said:
I agree with Matt they did stay true to the comic, I really liked it and cam't wait for the Avengers next year!

Did you guys stay after the credits to see The Avengers clip?

Yep.

Back