• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

CD Rack

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
I have been wanting to build a Rack for my CD's and get them out of storage, since they are all ripped for use with the SB.

So today was the day.

It's already for paint, maybe tomorrow.

About $160 in wood and about 5.5 hrs so far.

It should hold about 1275 CD's, I currently have about 800, so I should be in good shape for awhile.

Attachments

• 03 17 12 cd shelf 007 aa.JPG
    03 17 12 cd shelf 007 aa.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 1,833
Great Job Heeman, that's beautiful!

Now, I'm going to need about 10 of those. Where is the link to place my order?

......... :text-lol:

Dennie

Damn Keith, you're embarrassing me! I've had half the wood bought to build my second cabinet, for over two years now, and you whip out a beautiful cabinet in 5 hours!
I'm jealous, you suck, and all that stuff. Pics when its painted, and filled! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Botch said:
Damn Keith, you're embarrassing me! I've had half the wood bought to build my second cabinet, for over two years now, and you whip out a beautiful cabinet in 5 hours!
I'm jealous, you suck, and all that stuff. Pics when its painted, and filled! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Botch,

Once again I struggle due to not having a table saw and some of the other needed do-hickeys........

I was able to use my pneumatic brad nailer for the first time since I bought it 4 years ago.

I am dreading the finish work.

Once again, I know where all the problems are with this rack, but no one will really see them once finished.

Keith

Dennie said:

Dennie

Damn Dennie, your collection must be awesome.

For high production volumes we could really cut some costs, but probably never compete with the pricing of the already established fabricators.

topper said:
Reference 'ready for panting' . . . .

Stain ?

[oh, and "nice job, Heeman"]

Yup..............it will be painted Black to match the other wood items in the room that it will be in. The table and corner entertainment center in the room is black also.

Thanks for the "nice job" !

heeman said:
Dennie said:

Dennie

Damn Dennie, your collection must be awesome.

For high production volumes we could really cut some costs, but probably never compete with the pricing of the already established fabricators.
Yeah, the great thing about having a large collection, it being able to play whatever I want, when the mood strikes. The bad thing is storing it all. I have been talking with a carpenter friend of mine, about building custom shelves in my media room.

One day, like Botch ( :angry-banghead: ), it will happen.

Great Job on the rack, I wish I had the skills!

Dennie

That looks great! I have a store bought unit I got from Racks & Stands (holds about 1500 CDs), but I think I want to build a unit that covers that short wall. Looking forward to seeing the finish pics.

A lot of folks like to keep their collection stored and out of the way, but I like to display mine.

Very nice indeedy. That looks awesome and cant wait to see the finished product.

Dennie wrote:
" I have been talking with a carpenter friend of mine, about building custom shelves in my media room."

Keep that converstion alive. ... :happy-smileygiantred:

I know a couple journeyman carpenters, and it's always been nice having them as friends. ..
0107.gif

Dennie said:
...........I have been talking with a carpenter friend of mine, about building custom shelves in my media room.

Dennie

If you have a circular saw and a square, then just give it a try. I think you would surprise yourself. When you look back at it, all it is a "box" with some dividers in it.

Yesfan70 said:
Dennie said:
...........I have been talking with a carpenter friend of mine, about building custom shelves in my media room.

Dennie

If you have a circular saw and a square, then just give it a try. I think you would surprise yourself. When you look back at it, all it is a "box" with some dividers in it.
I have considered this. I think I will look to my carpenter friend for advise, but will do the work myself. If the project ever gets under way, I'll keep you posted.

Topper, I have friends in many "fields" and I try to "Pay it forward" with all of them, just in case!! :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Dennie

Yeah, Dennie. Never any freebies, but the good old bartering system has worked great for me.

:handgestures-thumbup: ......... :happy-smileygiantred:

It is a rather simple design.

I made the same design, however much smaller for a DVD Collection in the den. We have now out grown it.

The trick is to make the box (frame) about 0.5" deeper than the shelves. This will leave ample room for the finished face (I used Poplar, 1 x 2). The frame I made from 3/4" Birch Plywood and ripped it to 6 1/8". The shelves were made from 1 x 6" clear pine.

The first coat of paint is almost complete and I think it will take a min of 2 coats.

Will show finished pic's within a couple of weeks.

Back