• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

CD Rack

heeman said:
It is a rather simple design.

I made the same design, however much smaller for a DVD Collection in the den. We have now out grown it.

The trick is to make the box (frame) about 0.5" deeper than the shelves. This will leave ample room for the finished face (I used Poplar, 1 x 2). The frame I made from 3/4" Birch Plywood and ripped it to 6 1/8". The shelves were made from 1 x 6" clear pine.

The first coat of paint is almost complete and I think it will take a min of 2 coats.

Will show finished pic's within a couple of weeks.

We're lookin' forward to it Heeman!

Thanks,

Dennie

koufax65 said:
What kind of joinery did you use for this?

No joinery at all, everything is butted together. The frame was held with 1-3/4" Brads, glued and screwed with 1-5/8" screws. The shelves are glued and held with the 1-3/4" brads.

Looks fantastic!!!! I thought I was the only guy on the planet that still has 1000+ CD's. LOL!

Finally Done!

Pretty happy with the way that it came out................plenty of room to grow into.

Attachments

• cd rack 002.JPG
    cd rack 002.JPG
    618.8 KB · Views: 1,480
AWESOME WORK!

When do you start accepting orders? :happy-smileygiantred:

Thanks Zing!

If I ever build another one of these (originally it was going to be twice the size to hold my CD's and DVD/BR overflow collection), I will paint all of the wood prior to assembly.

As one of the guys noted, it really is not a very hard project to do.

Very nice. And to buy something of that size would cost hundreds, no doubt.

PaulyT said:
Very nice. And to buy something of that size would cost hundreds, no doubt.

Yep. I have one that holds about 1500 CDs. It's almost full (about two rows left), but I also have quite a few upstairs that I was ripping to my PC. Mine was about $300 and it was a cheapie from Racks & Stands.

Heeman,

If you made the shelves adjustable, then I would be tempted to put your DVD/BR collection in there too.

Oh yeah......excellent job! Looks great Heeman. :eusa-clap:

heeman said:
Finally Done!

Pretty happy with the way that it came out................plenty of room to grow into.

Looks Great Heeman! :handgestures-thumbup:

Dennie

Back