• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

"Classic" movies to watch with my kids?

Pauly, do your girls ever say, "Dad, listen to this!"?
If so, just ask, "How new is this music?" :biggrin:
Occasionally yes. Older daughter, for example, is a huge Harry Styles fan, and has made me listen to his music (which isn't bad), and even read an article about him in the latest Vogue magazine.

If I were making the real list, it would probably have a couple hundred titles in it.

To each their own ... I don’t see much value in listing movies you kind-of like. may as well just post a link to IMDB if you’re not going to narrow it down to the absolute best of the best.

To each their own ... I don’t see much value in listing movies you kind-of like. may as well just post a link to IMDB if you’re not going to narrow it down to the absolute best of the best.
Sounds about right. i'm on the other side of that coin.
I don't "kind of like" these movies. I "kind of like" Twilight movies, but they definitely aren't going on a list of "movies that must be seen".

If you have 100 favorites you don't really have any favorites
I own over 2000 films and I've probably seen triple that, so getting it down to something like a top ten is really hard. There is also the distinction between movies I really like to watch and movies that I think are in the "best movies" category. For example, I've watched Underworld a dozen times, but that does not make it better than The Godfather.

Back