• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

CNC JBL 2397 horns

WardsWeb,
Damn nice looking finish! Are those t-nuts for the Al fins? Can't wait to hear your thoughts on how it sounds.

That reminds me, I don't think I ever posted picture of my refinished Atwater Kent AM Radio.

V

Voodoo said:
WardsWeb,
Damn nice looking finish! Are those t-nuts for the Al fins? Can't wait to hear your thoughts on how it sounds.

That reminds me, I don't think I ever posted picture of my refinished Atwater Kent AM Radio.

V
They are steel threaded inserts for wood. The bolts go through the bottom, through the vanes and into the bottom of the top. Nothing is seen from the top but beautiful wood.

photo_tins_tlws-l.jpg

Voodoo said:
WardsWeb,

V

You haven't here, but did at the other place. You should start a thread here. That thing turned out very nice Voo. :handgestures-thumbup:

Comparing the JBL 2397clone against an Altec 511B, the JBL wins hands down. The mid range is smoother and warmer. The 511B seems bright and edgy that I can only attribute to the undampened aluminum horn.

The adapter is a one off prototype I threw together. It is made from two pieces of 3/4" batic birch. The first has a 1" hole and recessed bolt holes to mount the LE85. The second piece transitions from the 1" hole to a rectangle that matched the horn. The two pieces bolt directly to the horn. The wood is so dense, I drilled and tapped it for 1/4x20.

sunroom2397.jpg

That is awesome. The finished look is as sexy as I imagined it would be. Nice work WW.

Wardsweb said:
Comparing the JBL 2397clone against an Altec 511B, the JBL wins hands down. The mid range is smoother and warmer. The 511B seems bright and edgy that I can only attribute to the undampened aluminum horn.
How and where were 2405 sitting on 511B?

Beautiful! What frequency range are these horns handling?

Back