• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Comic Books...

That's why I suggested graphic novels. They are essentially collections of several issues that pull a whole story arc together.

Comic Books are coming for Babs! I feel like a little girl waiting for new 'Barbie' paraphernalia!!

Is that the new norm for me???

I re-sealed my WW 1 shot so nothing unfortunate would happen to it!

Crazy!!! :roll:

Babs said:
Comic Books are coming for Babs! I feel like a little girl waiting for new 'Barbie' paraphernalia!!

Is that the new norm for me???

I re-sealed my WW 1 shot so nothing unfortunate would happen to it!

Crazy!!! :roll:
Help me out here. Which WW number one are you talking about? And what name is she using.

Ultraviolet is one of my favorite comic book movies. It's a fake comic, but the comic books scenes in the opening credits do all the cover styles from the 40's to the time the movie was made. The geeky part is that the comic book numbers match their eras.

I was present when Zing picked up the book. When Babs says "1-shot" she means an issue with a beginning, middle and end. Without the need to finish the story across multiple issues...

Batman said:
I was present when Zing picked up the book. When Babs says "1-shot" she means an issue with a beginning, middle and end. Without the need to finish the story across multiple issues...

Thanks Bats! All of the comic books I ordered, via Amazon,are 1-shots. I have so very many books that I am reading, I really enjoyed the quick fix of reading something short. I am fairly certain I will delve into a graphic novel as T7 suggested. :text-goodpost: / posts from you all!!! Squeezes!

MatthewB said:
Babs give "Danger Girl" a try. Knowing your personality this just might be right up your alley.

Thanks Matt! It DOES sound quite exciting! I added comic vine to my home screen.

You might like Fray as well. It's a comic written (at least in part) by Joss Whedon that I liked. Very Buffy-esque.

fray.jpg

hmmmm......

What night is comic book night on the Big Bang Theory? I think it's Thurdsday, no that's Pizza night. I might be Wednesday.

I'm sure Penny and the boys wouldn't mind some company.

:text-lol:

TKoP said:
You might like Fray as well. It's a comic written (at least in part) by Joss Whedon that I liked. Very Buffy-esque.

fray.jpg

I will check it out as well!!!! I have a date with several new 1 shots this weekend!

This is my first post from my iPad with a PINK Smart Cover :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: WOW! This is so easier than that my iPhone.

Bob R said:
hmmmm......

What night is comic book night on the Big Bang Theory? I think it's Thurdsday, no that's Pizza night. I might be Wednesday.

I'm sure Penny and the boys wouldn't mind some company.

:text-lol:

Too funny!!!! Zing & Babs are BBT fans! ; ) I am so enjoying my new comic book frenzy!!!! :music-rockout:

I'd like to put a in shameless plug for your LCS. We have one good one and one stupid one. The stupid one gets all the pub. Both have stacks and stacks of stuff for sale cheap. Dreadstar or Magnus the Robot Fighter should be real cheap. So should V for Vendetta. It just takes some time to explore. They bargain, they do sales. Most don't know how to really grade.

The genesis of Robin's Revenge:
300px-World%27s_Finest_Comics_184.jpg

Kickass was one sublime flick :bow-blue:

Semi-related-but-not-quite-off-topic question: Why isn't Spider-Man part of the Avengers?

Currently reading "House of Mystery". Very creepy! I am noticing the details of the artists like I did with the "Wonder Woman 1-Shot". Pretty amazing!

Really enjoying this new found hobby! Next up will be the "The Flash 1-Shot".

Interesting. A comic book with no super heroes; only villains.

50b37dfab22d4c1d3c0f6a70670069d3_original.jpg

There are always bad guys in comic books — rogues and evil geniuses out for world domination. In DC Comics' slate of "New 52" titles there's about to be nothing but villains as the universe finds itself under assault and protected by an unlikely hero: Lex Luthor.
Writer Geoff Johns said the opening pages of "Forever Evil" this week promise to upend readers of DC Entertainment's comics as the crossover ripples throughout the publisher's titles and turns "inside out," the nature of DC Comics' long-standing characters, both good and bad.

Read the rest of the article here.

Babs said:
Should this be pulled into the comic book & graphic novels thread? :think:

good question,

my impression is that the former was for comic books and graphic novels that we have enjoyed and read in the past that we have enjoyed and wanted to share to everyone.

This one seem to be focus in a more general sense, including comics and materials of different eras, both new and old.

Just to clarify,

Spiderman IS an avenger, just not a founding member. ;)

Back