• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Cowboys vs. Aliens

mzpro5

Famous
Anyone see this yet?

I almost did a "2 for 1 sneak" when I saw Capt. America today but had to get home to let Yogi out so skipped it.

I might see it later this week.

I would like to see it, but I wonder if it's one of those movies that's going to be better to rent.

Seeing Cap cost me about $25 for two tickets and two small Cokes. I'd be pissed if I spent that again on a shitty movie.

Except for Olivia Wilde, the previews haven't really done a whole lot for me. I'm not sure I'll ever watch this one unless it gets a ton a glowing word-of-mouth. I like westerns and sci-fi just can't see the two mixing it up, despite the interesting concept.

Yesfan70 said:
I would like to see it, but I wonder if it's one of those movies that's going to be better to rent.

Seeing Cap cost me about $25 for two tickets and two small Cokes. I'd be pissed if I spent that again on a shitty movie.

I'm now getting the Senior Discount. $6.50 for a matinee. And I never buy from the concession. Usually take a pack of Lifesavers with me - gets me thru a movie.

Reviewers I tend to agree with say Coyboys vs. Aliens is surprisingly good. They say the story is not as far fetched as it sounds and the acting is some of the best these actors have given us in years. I am definitely going to watch this one when it comes out on BR.

mzpro5 said:
Yesfan70 said:

I'm now getting the Senior Discount. $6.50 for a matinee. And I never buy from the concession. Usually take a pack of Lifesavers with me - gets me thru a movie.

They do help for a dry mouth.

:eusa-whistle:

Flint said:
Reviewers I tend to agree with say Coyboys vs. Aliens is surprisingly good. They say the story is not as far fetched as it sounds and the acting is some of the best these actors have given us in years. I am definitely going to watch this one when it comes out on BR.

I know several people that have seen it and all were very pleased. I'm definitely seeing it in the theater if I can find the time.

Batman said:
Except for Olivia Wilde, the previews haven't really done a whole lot for me. I'm not sure I'll ever watch this one unless it gets a ton a glowing word-of-mouth. I like westerns and sci-fi just can't see the two mixing it up, despite the interesting concept.

I feel the same way. I love SciFi and nothing beat a good western. I'm kinda on the fence on whether they mix well or not. I think it's possible, but at the same time it's not an easy feat either.

Mz,

That price was also for a matinee for me. I usually sneak in a pack of Sweettarts or similar and just order a Coke to keep my thirst quenched. The last two times the wife and me went to a movie, we got into a habit of hitting the DQ next door for a jr burger, then hit somewhere like Aubrey's or Outback afterwards.

Yesfan70 said:
Batman said:

I feel the same way. I love SciFi and nothing beat a good western. I'm kinda on the fence on whether they mix well or not. I think it's possible, but at the same time it's not an easy feat either.
My coworkers and I were discussing this last week, and someone brought up an interesting point: since civilizations throughout the universe will undoubtedly develop at different rates, and start whenever their particular star cools enough, there's bound to be mixing of advanced vs primitive civilizations, once the former solves the space-travel puzzle. So mid-1800 US mixing with advanced aliens isn't any more of a stretch than, say Battle Los Angeles.
That's one of the cool things I got out of the book 2001: A Space Odyssey; a more advanced civilization left a path for mankind, if they ever developed, to discover them. But by the time Man was advanced enough to follow that path (monolith in Crater Tycho, monolith on Saturn's moon (Io?), wormhole), that more advanced civilization had moved forward too, and nothing was left.
Note that the subsequent books blew my theory out of the water, but it was cool at the time...

^ That's a very valid point and one I gave a little thought to earlier. For me, I simply haven't seen anything about it so far that I find appealing. :twocents-mytwocents:

I saw it with the family this weekend. We loved it. It had just the right balance between action, drama and comedy. It was full of subtle inside jokes about western stereotypes. The performances from Ford and Craig were outstanding. The pacing was pretty on the mark. I honestly couldn't find much not to love. I will definitely buy this one.

Yesfan70 said:
I'm kinda on the fence on whether they mix well or not. I think it's possible, but at the same time it's not an easy feat either.
Yes, solely on the movie's profitability stand point. But as far as the timing of possible alien visit, I don't see why there would be better or worse time in history so far. They will find us when they find us. http://churchofcriticalthinking.org/indian.html

AntPeople9.jpg
petroglyphs1.jpg

Batman said:

Have you ever seen Firefly? That's pretty much what I thought about when I heard about this movie.

No but I did see Serenity. I enjoyed it enough, but I wasn't blown away. I'm sure that may have had something to do with missing the series perhaps...

Just saw the movie with the family. It was a little slow getting going but I enjoyed it. It had a real good mix of old western and sci fi. Should look awesome in BR.

Cowboys vs. Aliens?

If we were talkin' football, I'd bet on the Aliens . . . .

. . . . :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

topper said:
Cowboys vs. Aliens?

If we were talkin' football, I'd bet on the Aliens . . . .

. . . . :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:
Screw you ! Has your team won back to back Super Bowls ?

Me & my son check-out movies, I get Senior discount & go early, but it still cost around $40-$50 (Admission, 1 medium drink & small popcorn-we share).
We may wait till its out on Netflex (sure wished Netflex has some competition on streaming) when it comes out on BR.

Back