• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dances with Wolves BD

Razz

I've been waiting for this one for a long time.. one of my favorite movies, and walking along in Costco today I see this........

Attachments

• IMG_9555.jpg
    IMG_9555.jpg
    666.8 KB · Views: 449
Wow, nice price. I really like that movie. It's one I can watch anytime it's on.

Cool. May have to pick that up. Love the soundtrack too, it's one of the very few movie soundtracks I own on CD.

I hope it has option of theatrical version vs extended version. I didn't like DVD extended version (it took some mystery out of the movie which watered it down).

Razz next time your at Costco, pick me up a copy and bring it to the GTG and I'll pay you back when I land. Don't have a Costco card to enter. If it's too much bother, than don't worry about it.

Ok, I'm a little bored so I'll give you a summery...

I have the "THX Mastered" version before I bought this BD.

I just compared them because initially I'm not impressed with the picture quality (Maybe I just watch too many Pixar movies)

Video,
There are some very good looking scenes and some are just average.

Audio,
Well it's not that dynamic of a movie and I surly wasn't going to watch both full movies tonight.... Hell, I'm not even going to be able to finish one!

I am disappointed that they didn't include the "Theatrical version"

This is the "Extended version" and it's 3 hours and 53 mins. This is one of my favorite movies but that is just too long for me. Some of the stuff so far is new too me and interesting but really not needed. Mainly just longer scenes of him walking around.

Here are some comparison for video...
The first one are from the DVD, note the color changes and even some cropping....

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC_0010.jpg
    DSC_0010.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 398
2 more

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 398
It actually looks like the bluray has better color representation but only a slight increase in the PQ

It's better looking, but only the extended version? No thanks. Movies get edited for a reason. Is the regular available on Blu?

Back