• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Darbee DVP-5000

Batman said:
I was checking out the reviews on Amazon, there were definitely a handful of reliability issues. I hope you get it worked out.

Thanks. Hopefully it's nothing, and it really isn't a big deal to redo the settings, but on a new device, shouldn't have to do it.

I've done a bit of research on the Darbee but I figure with my DVDO outboard video processors it wouldn't do much then what my processors are already doing. I wish I could do a side by side with my DVDO and the Darbee but feel the Darbee is very limited on what it does handle compared to an outboard full scale processor. I do know that when I got my cheapie LG LED the PQ was pretty bad straight out of the box after hooking up the DVDO it brought my TV to a whole bother level.

MatthewB said:
I've done a bit of research on the Darbee but I figure with my DVDO outboard video processors it wouldn't do much then what my processors are already doing. I wish I could do a side by side with my DVDO and the Darbee but feel the Darbee is very limited on what it does handle compared to an outboard full scale processor. I do know that when I got my cheapie LG LED the PQ was pretty bad straight out of the box after hooking up the DVDO it brought my TV to a whole bother level.
I'm pretty sure there is little to no overlap between what your DVDO does and what the Darbee does.

An old analogue (literally) would be a dynamic range enhancer and a impulse noise reducer working on a vinyl recording. Both are modifying the sound but in completely different ways. Both can be used either separately, or together. And except for the very rare possibility that clicks and pops might be boosted by the dynamic range enhancer (which is why you put it downstream of the click and pop reducer) they don't affect each other's performance.

Likewise the DVDO and the Darbee. Run them independently. Run them together. The only possible "overlap" might be with a DVDO detail or edge enhancement, but even then I suspect that both devices are attacking those issues in different ways - and from what I've read about with the Darbee, when set up properly there is no noticeable change in the image that you would expect with those traditional functions. (Just about everyone either backs off or bypasses detail and edge enhancements in their processors anyhow - as all they're really doing is adding what is, strictly speaking, noise.)

Jeff

Back