• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Daredevil

We have two episodes left and will finish tonight or tomorrow. We're trying to mix in our weekly Supergirl, Flash, Arrow shows but this is SO good we may put those on the back burner again. Electra is stunning and a f'ing badass. And the Punisher is a madman. Can't wait to see how things wrap up.

I've watched the first four episodes so far and think it is fantastic. It also looks stunning on my new TV.

Finished Season 2 last night. Can't wait if there is going to be Season 3 !

JeffMackwood said:
Very good first season.

Some very compelling characters BUT (spoiler alert) they killed off two good ones. Hope they add equally-good new ones next year.

Jeff
Just finished binge-watching the second season. Overall I thought it was better than the first - but that it needs improvement.

As I had hoped, they added new, and very compelling, characters.

HOWEVER, there were two things that I'd classify as letdowns:

1. I got very tired of all of the Green Arrow-like plot elements - especially since Arrow is one of the least-favourite shows that I watch (and one that I just barely bring myself to continue watching). Example of what's bad: highly repetitive fight scenes - enough already. Early in the season there's an incredibly well done extended fight sequence involving the biker gang; nothing matched it in later episodes. Example of what's good: there was one episode where there was what seemed like at least ten minutes of straight dialogue that gave us great insight into Frank Castle, and which blew away anything ever written for Arrow. There were several other moments throughout the season where character-driven writing was excellent.

2. And getting back to the lack of originality in the writing, the entire final episode and every single plot element conclusion therein, was completely predictable and foreseen. Everything to do with every single main character. I won't list them, to avoid spoiler alerts, but it was disappointing. Way too neat; way too pedestrian.

So for next season, I hope they continue to introduce new characters, and flesh them out as well as they did this season's crop, AND stop with the derivative writing and get back on the originality train.

Jeff

ps. I'm now somewhat concerned about sister series Jessica Jones and whether it will take a similar path.

I love this show and just saw that season 3 is coming in October. I cannot wait.

I didn't like Daredevil in the mashup super-team series they ran. I prefer him on his own.

I love this show and just saw that season 3 is coming in October. I cannot wait.

I didn't like Daredevil in the mashup super-team series they ran. I prefer him on his own.
In the meantime we get to "enjoy" the second season of Iron Fist!

In the meantime we get to "enjoy" the second season of Iron Fist!

I didn't hate the first season like so many did -- but i can see why people didn't like it. That being said, the second season is definitely better. I've even seen some who hated the first say, "eh, it wasn't bad..."

I liked Iron Fist as a stand alone show. I really think the mashup was poorly done and hurt each of the separate franchises.

I didn't hate the first season like so many did -- but i can see why people didn't like it. That being said, the second season is definitely better. I've even seen some who hated the first say, "eh, it wasn't bad..."
I'll have to force myself to watch the last 3 episodes of season 1 before I can attempt season 2

That sucks. I like it a lot, especially the 3rd season.

Obviously a move by Disney/Marvel to keep it for Disney.s new streaming service.

Probably, what stinks is that it's sure not to have the same darker content and certainly not the same actors that Netflix had. I thought the cast of most of the Marvel shows on Netflix were well cast and certainly gelled well...even Iron Fist was WAY better in the second season.

Probably, what stinks is that it's sure not to have the same darker content and certainly not the same actors that Netflix had. I thought the cast of most of the Marvel shows on Netflix were well cast and certainly gelled well...even Iron Fist was WAY better in the second season.

I don't know... Disney is planning three streaming networks, one for family using the Disney name, one aimed more at adults with an unknown name, and ESPN's expanding streaming service. They could easily choose to go as dark as they wish. They will, however, assuredly create content which is on the forefront of what being politically correct means. We are now hearing lots of stories from popular streaming shows where the producers or directors are openly stating their show was cancelled to get ready for the Disney streaming service launch.

I don't know... Disney is planning three streaming networks, one for family using the Disney name, one aimed more at adults with an unknown name, and ESPN's expanding streaming service. They could easily choose to go as dark as they wish. They will, however, assuredly create content which is on the forefront of what being politically correct means. We are now hearing lots of stories from popular streaming shows where the producers or directors are openly stating their show was cancelled to get ready for the Disney streaming service launch.

Didn't know there were more than one streaming services coming... ugh. The market gets even more fractured.

Didn't know there were more than one streaming services coming... ugh. The market gets even more fractured.

Yes, there are dozens of small streaming services now signing deals with the big guys to merely be content providers to other networks as the customer fatigue over the plethora of streaming services is becoming a problem. The same attitude which led to cord cutting is now turning into giving up on shows viewers truly enjoy solely because they have to add another subscription to continue watching it.

What Disney is doing is buying up damn near all the content creators and building up what will be a massively huge streaming offering which will include almost everything you want. Basically, they want their streaming service to have damn near everything you want on it so they win and you will cancel other services.

AT&T recently announced yet another streaming service that offers all the Warner Media content. Due to roll-out late 2019.

AT&T recently announced yet another streaming service that offers all the Warner Media content. Due to roll-out late 2019.

Yeah, I read a series of articles quoting AT&T officials who are not 100% confident the consumer wants another service.

Back