• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

DHC 40.1

TitaniumTroy

Just got off the phone to buy this pre-pro, http://cgi.videogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?p ... x-ultra2-2 Been with out a receiver since my NAD went south back in Dec and the local assclowns in town can't seem to figure out how to fix it. Was debating on just getting an Onkyo receiver but I saw where Razz said just get a 40.2 pre-pro, and several of you agreed with him. So I figured this was close enough, now just have to wait on FedEx. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Hell of a deal. I think the older 9.8 and 9.9 (and the Onkyo equivalents) go for that price.

That's actually the pre/pro I want to replace the Denon 3803 that I have.

yeah, you suck big time! ;)

Well I figure I had to follow Razz's advice, as he is Captain Morgan or is it Barcardi, :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk: Plus the rest of the crew going along, made me feel more confident in pulling the trigger ,so thanks for that. And the ensuing suckage : :teasing-neener: The seller has only one trade on Videogon but 134 positive points on A-gon and no negative, also the pics looked pretty good. Haven't made this big a purchase online since I bought my Magnepan 10.1 surround speakers a few years back for the same price.

Very nice! And yeah, that's a great price. So what're you gonna use for an amp?

Troy,
That is the pre/pro I have. I am very happy with it. Enjoy!! Posted before I clicked on your link. Isn't that NAD amp just a stereo amp? What are you using for the other channels?
Mike

Mike, that would be another NAD 218 THX, I have three. Well be selling two of them, switching to a couple of Marantz MA500 mono blocks for the surrounds. As for the center channel I am going to retire it for now, for two reasons. One no place to put it on top my new plasma unlike my Sony CRT, second with the wings added to my Magnepan 3.7's I think it sounds better in phantom mode. I might change my mind on that someday, but I would need to build a special stand for the Magnepan center, not interested in putting on the floor.

TitaniumTroy said:
Well I figure I had to follow Razz's advice, as he is Captain Morgan or is it Barcardi, :eek:bscene-drinkingdrunk: Plus the rest of the crew going along, made me feel more confident in pulling the trigger ,so thanks for that. And the ensuing suckage : :teasing-neener: The seller has only one trade on Videogon but 134 positive points on A-gon and no negative, also the pics looked pretty good. Haven't made this big a purchase online since I bought my Magnepan 10.1 surround speakers a few years back for the same price.

No, he is "The most uninteresting man in the world"' and "he doesn't drink Bacardi much, but when he does, it's the spiced kind, stay thirsty my friends".

TitaniumTroy said:
Mike, that would be another NAD 218 THX, I have three. Well be selling two of them, switching to a couple of Marantz MA500 mono blocks for the surrounds. As for the center channel I am going to retire it for now, for two reasons. One no place to put it on top my new plasma unlike my Sony CRT, second with the wings added to my Magnepan 3.7's I think it sounds better in phantom mode. I might change my mind on that someday, but I would need to build a special stand for the Magnepan center, not interested in putting on the floor.
Troy,
Why are you switching to the monoblocks? Why not just the one NAD for the Maggies and one for the surrounds. Not trying to be nosy, just curious?
Mike
Edit: My bad, I read your reason for switching amps in your other thread. D'OH!! :oops:

Back