• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dinner and a movie

Towen7

Staff member
Were having some friends over for dinner and a movie.

Give me some ideas for a good meal/movie combination.

Towen7 said:
Were having some friends over for dinner and a movie.

Give me some ideas for a good meal/movie combination.
last nite me and the wife wacthed knight and day,(love red box at $1)it was actually very entertaining as long as there are no serious critics in the room,funny with plenty of sound effects. i thought i wouldnt like it but the wife wanted to see it. suprisingly i would recomend it for a gathering for its entertainment value

nats said:
last nite me and the wife wacthed knight and day,(love red box at $1)it was actually very entertaining

What meal would be appropriate to serve with this movie? I'm looking for something that matches the theme/setting of the movie.

Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Meat Loaf! :banana-rock:

Thats what I'm talking about. We watched RHPS around Halloween so...

Keep em coming.

Have you ever seen The Gods Must be Crazy, I & II? Those films are an absolute scream if you enjoy slapstick, situational humor. You'd probably have to cook up some Ethiopian food, though...

Towen7 said:
nats said:
last nite me and the wife wacthed knight and day,(love red box at $1)it was actually very entertaining

What meal would be appropriate to serve with this movie? I'm looking for something that matches the theme/setting of the movie.
we always want something that you dont have to keep getting up for or passing around,like pasta with bolonenges sauce or meatballs,or the easy way out pizza. if the crowed was older, we just wacthed the james taylor with carol king dvd,doubt its at red box though. for us older folks who want to keep the women interested it was very good and humorous.(for that one you might want some brownies, put a few on top with some oregano on them for theme)

1282211620_0c8628c67c7f1fc625aa4a6.jpg

snake-surprise-snake-dinner-surprise-august-13-food-demotivational-poster-1250169645.jpg

Idiocracy with fast food and of course, Gatorade! :handgestures-thumbup:

Ah, the love and the helpfulness of members here is inspiring!

Pauly, you trying to get us in trouble? :angry-cussingblack: besides, T7 LOVES Pixar... :teasing-neener:

I do love Pixar movies (except Wall-E.. that one sucked).

The wife really wants to see The American so I'm think of an Italian dish of some sort before the movie and tiramisu after.

For the record I would have gone with Indiana Jones and chilled monkey brains if I were the one giving suggestions.

chilled_monkey_brains.jpg

Decided on The American and a pasta/meat dish that I got from Cooks Illustrated a year or two ago. It's got baby-back ribs, sausage, and meat balls all stewed in a tomato sauce and served over linguine. Caesar salad and grilled ciabatta bread with garlic and parmeigiana reggiano cheese. It's a family favorite and pretty much fits with nats' suggestion.

I also stumbled on a wine that was suggested in an earlier thread, Layer Cake zinfandel, but we've got plenty of other wine choices on hand.

Dinner should be good but frankly I'm not too excited about a George Clooney flick.

I'll be right over!!! :chores-utensils:
:eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Towen7 said:
(except Wall-E.. that one sucked).
Come on. It wasn't that bad. :(

For the record I would have gone with Indiana Jones and chilled monkey brains if I were the one giving suggestions.
Wait till HotMonkey sees this... :?

Back