• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

DirectTV dropping FX and FOX sports channels

^^^ That's what sucks. I know it probably doesn't work this way, but I feel like I'm wasting money with all those channels I don't watch. If I'm paying $100 for 200 channels, but only watch about 50 of them, then I feel like I'm just pissing away $75 a month for nothing.

It's like when they tell you your local channels are "free". They're not free, they're just included.

Looks like it's been settled.

The iPad isn't letting me paste in the address where DirecTV says it's been handled, and neither side's site fully reflects it yet, but looks like the channels won't go dark tomorrow after all.

I saw the news on the DirecTV menu last night that there will be no interuption of service on the Fox Network of channels, that the issues have been resloved.

:text-bravo:

heeman said:
Towen7 said:
I'm willing to bet that it'll get settled before long. This exact thing has happened with other channels and operators. There may be a short time without the channels but it wont last long.

I hope that you are right T7!!

Akula said:
Looks like it's been settled.

:happy-smileygiantred:

...and you wonder why i don't have a provider (pay-to-view) ?
Free OTA baby.....

Barney said:
Free OTA baby.....
So that's like what...6 channels of nothin' on versus 225 channels of nothin' on? :teasing-tease:

"I've got 13 channels of SHIT on the TV to choose from... choose from ... choose from."

I guess it's my turn now. :roll:

Dish Network Suspends Sarkes Tarzain (Chattanooga NBC affiliate)

Luckily for me, my local NBC is all I'm going to lose. I still have the other NBC networks (Vs, Speed, Sleuth, etc.) and the only thing I really watch on my NBC local is Sunday Night Football. That I can stream online.

What's funny is the link say ST wasn't a 288% increase, while the info on my guide claims it's 335%. Since this is a single channel, I have a feeling this one won't go through unless enough people in my area bitch enough and my bill gets jacked because of it. That's what happened a few years back when Dish was having negotiating issues with the Lifetime Networks.

What they are failing to realize is that if this crap keeps up I'll cancel all my freakin' TV and download the f'n shows. I can download entire seasons of all the shows I enjoy and play them in 1080p right to my friggin tv.

I want to do the right thing and pay for my service, but as soon as this starts to become commonplace I am done with that.

If they keep it up, I don't have a problem with this. I pay $125 a month just for DirecTv (not including phone and internet). I can put that towards my bike, or maybe another one....

Greedy a-holes.

D

While I'm happy with Dish, shit like this makes me rethink sticking with them. Even though it's my local, one channel isn't going to break me, especially since I don't watch it hardly.

What I hate is the end result. Enough people get pissed and Dish gives in and jacks the monthly bill. This is the same bullshit with Lifetime and the result was my bill going up $3 a month. There's a link to where I can send a message to the Sarkes advertisers trying to convince them to reconsider, but I didn't send it. IMO, it just fuels their fire and helps them be that much more convincing to Dish.

I'll be watching my bill the next few months. I've been noticing all the commercials about how DirecTV's bill keeps climbing, but Dish is doing a "price freeze" for the next 2-3 years.

We'll see.

Zing said:
Barney said:
Free OTA baby.....
So that's like what...6 channels of nothin' on versus 225 channels of nothin' on? :teasing-tease:
I really have gotten used to just having OTA. I get around 12 channels. My PBS has 4 channels & we can't keepup with what they provide. Most major stations have 2 or three feeds (some Spanish or dopler weather, etc) One new channel is all music concerts (very old to present-----every kind of music mixed in). I refuse to pay a provider $900-$1200 a year just so I can watch all the ESPN feeds (& DirecTV wants you to pay Ins every month just in case THEIR equipment has an issue----kiss my ass) . If I wanted to stream ESPN3 from our XBOX360, I have to pay Time Warner Cable for their programing, pay XBOX Live $60 a year, then i could use the ESPN app on the 360........screw that
What we are enjoying very much is our Logitec Revue (google tv). Any day we are to get a firmware update (new STB's have the updated apps etc) with alot of new apps, android market, etc. At present I'm checking out on the Netflex stream "Color of War"....History Channels series of WWII. Even though I can't stream the latest new movies etc from Netflex........there is way more than you can ever watch.

I agree with Barny, I have not had cable for about 4 years now. I really don't miss it, ya there are a few channels the history channel. But with netflix and others on the net I just stream everything. Most of the shows my wife and I enjoy are on the major channels, OTA it works for us. Plus football is also on OTA for the most part, with a few games not getting shown. For those I could always hit the local sports bar, with I do every so often.

Back