• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dish Hopper

Randy said:
"The Hoppa"
"The Hoppa"
"The Hoppa"

Love that commercial. took me a couple of times to figure out what the F they were saying, but then cracked up. The grandma in the basement slays me.

I saw it too. Hilarious! :laughing-lettersrofl:

Batman said:
They waved my hundred dollar fee because I'm a 10 year customer. I do have to shell out like $160 for the receivers though...

That's what I'm going to do when I get ready to upgrade. I got 50% knocked off my second 722 receiver when I upgraded the HT to HD.

mzpro5 said:
Here is the DBSTalk forum first look at Hopper

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=203714

Great read! Thanks for the link.

Well, seems the "6 tuner" feature Dish mentions in their ads is nothing more than a single tuner recording the 4 major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox) at once during prime time. This explains why a second hopper is needed for more than 4 TVs. What I'm still confused on is the Hopper really has only three tuners, but it can feed 4 TVs before having to get a second Hopper. :think:

I'm wondering if it's just cheaper to keep what I have and just split the boxes to different rooms using HDMI splitters and such. That still has limitations, but if both boxes are in single mode, then I might could live with it. Granted, it's still two tuners at one time when watching live content, but I would have 4 tuners when it comes to recorded programming.

The biggest thing is seeing how much I would save staying with two 722 boxes and splitters vs a Hopper and 4 Joeys. Obviously the Hopper/Joeys gives me more options, but the $195 in fees is what I don't like. I don't know if that extra amount is going to give me that much more than what I already have.

Yesfan, the 3rd Joey on the 1st hopper can only piggy back off of the DVR or the content being viewed on the other 3 units (hopper or joeys 1&2)...

Batman said:
Yesfan, the 3rd Joey on the 1st hopper can only piggy back off of the DVR or the content being viewed on the other 3 units (hopper or joeys 1&2)...

Had a response, but never mind....I get it now. The main TV is hooked to the Hopper. All the remote TVs need Joeys. :doh:

Yesfan70 said:
Batman said:

Had a response, but never mind....I get it now. The main TV is hooked to the Hopper. All the remote TVs need Joeys. :doh:

With the DTV whole home Mom has one DVR and two non-DVR receivers. She can watch recorded shows on any TV and otherwise all the receivers are independent of each other.

Back