• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Dismantle and reassemble HT..any suggestions?

mcad64

I am having cork flooring installed in my basement , so everything must go. Trying to do a checklist so it is easier to reinstall later. I figure I need to make a note of the settings on my Integra prepro, the Oppo and my DVR. Make sure speaker wires are labelled and interconnects as well!!
Anything else I missed??
Thanks,
Mike

If you don't already have them, maybe take some pictures of each unit? I like being able to find my serial #s on digital pics.

If you have tweaked the picture,I/O, etc. settings on your TV, record them also just in case. If you have a cable or other set-top-box record those settings also. Many of these settings may be non-volatile for a while, but it wouldn't hurt to write them down. You could also plug in the eqpt temporarily to other wall outlets so they're not without power long enough to lose the settings.

may be in hindsight but hey, might as well mention it...

-put all the remotes in one box, remove batteries if needed.
- measure current speaker placement, HT setup layout, write it down on paper and put in same box.
- take picture of current setup, more importantly layout of ht gear layout.
- plug cable box in somewhere (since im with directv, sometimes if the box is inactive, it has to be reactivated by calling it in. a bit of a hassle)
- clean most of the gear while your moving it. mostly just the vents if ever can use a quick swipe.
- power cord labelling, which goes to where, and why doesnt it fit later on would be a concern.

oh, dont lose remote control box. :happy-smileygiantred:

hope this helps.

If the electronics are moved to an area where they can be plugged into a power outlet that would negate recording all settings. That would also depend on how long they will be disconnected from power source, if less than 24 hours you wouldn't need to connect them to a power outlet.

Labeling interconnects and speaker cable is always a good idea.

Hosa Label Cable

Measure the distance from the front/side walls to a fixed place on your speakers. That will save time for speaker placement after the cork floor is installed.

Rope

Botch said:
Anxious to hear what you think about the cork flooring.

Frankly that makes two of us!!! :scared-eek: The burber carpet was trashed and really needed to be replaced. I understand cork is used in sound studio, but I imagine it is a different kind of cork (more open cell) then what is being laid down in my basement? Plus it is on the walls as opposed to the floors I assume? Time will tell!!

Rope said:
If the electronics are moved to an area where they can be plugged into a power outlet that would negate recording all settings. That would also depend on how long they will be disconnected from power source, if less than 24 hours you wouldn't need to connect them to a power outlet.

Labeling interconnects and speaker cable is always a good idea.

Hosa Label Cable

Measure the distance from the front/side walls to a fixed place on your speakers. That will save time for speaker placement after the cork floor is installed.

Rope

Using the PJ screen hanging on the wall is a good way to figure out their orientation left to right. Distance from the wall has already been measured. Never thought about plugging gear in somewhere else? That is definitely doable!!

Not sure if these guys will be cutting the planks in the basement or go up two flights and do it outside. Just in case I think I will hang a fitted queen sheet over the pj screen and something else over the pj. These cork planks are actually a piece of MDF in the middle sandwiched between cork. Could make a lot of fine dust if they cut in the basement!!

When it's all done you have 10 members over so they can all give opinions on what goes where and you'll have one member (cough cough "Tom" cough cough) who'll look confused and say, "where the Hell does this blue cable go"? while everyone laughs.

Back