• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Do these speakers make my desk look small?

Towen7

Staff member
I put a pair of unreasonably sized speakers on my desk so I could use the smaller ones in a location where space is an issue. I‘m good with it but my wife thinks they look ridiculous.

CA7BB05E-DBF9-4C1A-8FA1-631910DF4ED6.jpeg

46D9FD44-CD5F-47F1-938C-42E5B4426C83.jpeg

????

That's a yuge desk, and to my eye the speakers look a bit small. Maybe a couple wall mounts above eye level, pointed slightly down?

DISCLAIMER: I speak my mind, and I'm always right.
And Single for 62 years (warning).

The real question is how do they sound?

They're insanely good for their intended use. I don't do critical listening so they're primarily used for gaming and wasting time on YouTube. Rarely I'll watch a show or sports event there.

The basic demands are why I didn't want to spend money for a second set of small passive speakers.

They're insanely good for their intended use. I don't do critical listening so they're primarily used for gaming and wasting time on YouTube. Rarely I'll watch a show or sports event there.

The basic demands are why I didn't want to spend money for a second set of small passive speakers.
Everyone at work made fun of my M Audoo monitors on my desktop at work.

I quite enjoyed them. Especially since I spent a lot of Saturday mornings there by myself where I could actually get some work done.

The real question is how do they sound?

God damn it ... this posted made me que up some music and actually find out "how they sound". They're pretty good, not great. That lead to comparing them to the smaller set who's place they took. Now I hate the small ones and can't stop thinking that I need a strategy to replace them even though they're way more than capable enough for their assignment.

Now I hate the small ones and can't stop thinking that I need a strategy to replace them even though they're way more than capable enough for their assignment.
You forget where you're posting. :rofl:

Back