• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

dog house tunes

lovemytoys

any body have one of theses marantz sr4023 or is there other ideas .i been looking at multi zone amp but i dont know :text-feedback:

I had a SR5007 for a couple weeks, did a second zone but didnt have dedicated amps for it. The model you are looking at is a stereo model that doesnt (i think) even have multi zone capabilities.

I would look into Pioneer or Sony receivers as they typically will let you use the rear channel amps for a second zone. And the lower end Sony's are cheaper then the model you are looking at.

I think that Sherbourn is designed for sound distribution. Here is the description I found

The TST 2/200 is the world’s first two
channel amplifier designed to drive up to
eight pairs of eight-ohm speakers without
the need for a separate speaker selector box.
The 2/200 outputs 200/275 watts of 8/4
ohms power respectively. Utilizing Sherbourn’s unique Thermal Shift Technology,
allows this versatile amp to operate in three
different thermal modes and to safely drive
a one-ohm load.
The front panel displays a power switch
and eight zone switches. The rear panel
includes eight sets of removable speaker
terminals, both balanced and unbalanced
XLR/ RCA inputs, a 12-volt trigger input, a
trigger mode switch, preset volume controls, a stereo/mono switch and a subsonic
filter for removing low frequency noise that
can saturate a low power volume control.

Back